ASun updates

Sae

ASun updates

Post by Sae »

just curious, has anyone heard any updates on possible teams to go into the ASUN with us. It seemed like everything flew together quickly and now it seems like things have cooled off and not really heard much. Just wondering if anyone locally had heard anything. Also, we talked about new logos for the turf and someone said we are scheduled to get new turf all together for the stadium, any info on that like a design or timeframe. I'm just looking for a little football fix and want some things to discuss.
EKU05

Re: ASun updates

Post by EKU05 »

I don't know much, but I at least wonder if we might hear something in terms of ASUN membership after the spring sports season plays itself out. Programs may be inclined to finish their current seasons before dealing with the fallout of officially announcing that they're leaving. I'm with you though...it would certainly calm my nerves to hear something.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

With the football plans in place for next year, I don't know if we will hear anything else soon. The rush for us was to get to the ASUN and get a plan in place so we could be eligible for the playoffs next year. With the agreement in place that makes is possible, it may be a while before other schools announce moving.

dj
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

dljordaneku wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:24 pm With the football plans in place for next year, I don't know if we will hear anything else soon. The rush for us was to get to the ASUN and get a plan in place so we could be eligible for the playoffs next year. With the agreement in place that makes is possible, it may be a while before other schools announce moving.

dj
I don't think that's true because nearly every conference has a July 1 withdrawal date. If a school doesn't announce by then they'd be unnecessarily putting themselves in the position of paying the extra buyout. If something is going to materialize for 2022-23 it would almost definitely unfold by July. This AQ7 thing is a one-off.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

EKU05 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:03 pm
dljordaneku wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:24 pm With the football plans in place for next year, I don't know if we will hear anything else soon. The rush for us was to get to the ASUN and get a plan in place so we could be eligible for the playoffs next year. With the agreement in place that makes is possible, it may be a while before other schools announce moving.

dj
I don't think that's true because nearly every conference has a July 1 withdrawal date. If a school doesn't announce by then they'd be unnecessarily putting themselves in the position of paying the extra buyout. If something is going to materialize for 2022-23 it would almost definitely unfold by July. This AQ7 thing is a one-off.
Yeah but there is a whole football season before they have to make that decision. If they withdrawal by July 2022, then they are good for the fall 2022 football season.

dj