It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

GoldenBear

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Post by GoldenBear »

I hope y’all don’t mind me posting so many topics but I enjoy EKU football and I like to talk 😂. So, in the spirit of Christmas, I wanted a topic that revolved around the spirit of gift giving.

If you could give one gift to our Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator, what would it be and why? Let’s keep this fun and positive!! My gifts are as follows:

HC - A capacity crowd to play in front of at RKS. Why? Because I think the team deserves that after this past season.

OC - 3 really fast and really tall WR’s with great hands. Why? I like the direction he has taken our offense and the WR position will be the most depleted unit.

DC - A better and more consistent pass rush. Why? Because our defense will go from good to great with a better pass rush. The unit improved every week this past season and looks to be a pretty solid unit for a few years if things continue to work out.

Ok, your turn. And, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Sae

Re: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Post by Sae »

I give us a 6'1 215 lb Running back that can fly, 2 6'4" WR, and a pair of 6'7" 330 tackles for the boys up front.

On D, I'll take another Noah Spence, Aaron Jones, Myron Guyton and a Yerimiah Bell for good measure, heck let's through in a LB, or two as well.

For the program, I'll give us the new part of the stadium to replace Begley and show us into the Sun Belt.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

For the HC and AD: a capacity crowd. Both sides of the stadium and the hill too!

OC: a game breaking RB like Elroy Harris. Big, fast, strong as an ox. A 20+ carries a game guy. Also, the WR corp developing into standouts (we have some good height there now, need someone stepping up).

DC, I would LOVE to have another Myron Guyton or Yeremiah Bell. Absent that, I’m happy with us recruiting and letting Morrison develop a few long, rangy DBs who can defend the pass.

Special Teams: ..... Ima have to think on this one. LOL.
ekupops

Post by ekupops »

Excuse my ignorance, but what ever happened to Michael Harris?
Go Colonels!
Sae

Post by Sae »

ekupops wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:37 pm Excuse my ignorance, but what ever happened to Michael Harris?
Do you mean Elroy Harris?
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

...easy.

For all three, more donors willing to pony-up major, consistent $$$
in support of our football program; staff, facilities, travel and other
essentials...
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

HC... Greater support from students and community
OC... better athletes on the O line. We got size but need quicker guys with better feet and meaner disposition. I think we have one of the best running backs in the country if we can block better for him. Would like to see a real burner to back Booth up and help keep the D off balance.
DC. few long quick guys to rush from the edges. More speed in the secondary.
and just more EKU Pride all the way around.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
ekupops

Post by ekupops »

I was referring to the young man we got from Alburn and he picked up an officer over his head as if to body slam said officer.”
Go Colonels!
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

ekupops wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 pm I was referring to the young man we got from Alburn and he picked up an officer over his head as if to body slam said officer.”
Not familiar. Was he ever enrolled at EKU?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

GoldenBear wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:57 pm
ekupops wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:50 pm I was referring to the young man we got from Alburn and he picked up an officer over his head as if to body slam said officer.”
Not familiar. Was he ever enrolled at EKU?
Spring 2020. Lasted a month before body slamming the cop.