Expectations vs. Troy

bigchill64

Re: Expectations vs. Troy

Post by bigchill64 »

Unbelievable so proud of this team today. I finally saw “it’s a Matter of Pride” today for all 4 qtrs hard ending. Let’s take this through the last ; games and into next year.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

This bunch has something EKU teams in the past several years didn't possess...sheer determination and guts! Remind me of some of Coach Kidds teams!

Clean up some of the STUPID penalties (false starts) and develop another running back (what happened to all the backs from last season) and we can see a few more wins this season!

Love the fire and never say die attitude this bunch possess!

Proud to be a COLONEL!
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

EKULFan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:21 pm This bunch has something EKU teams in the past several years didn't possess...sheer determination and guts! Remind me of some of Coach Kidds teams!

Clean up some of the STUPID penalties (false starts) and develop another running back (what happened to all the backs from last season) and we can see a few more wins this season!

Love the fire and never say die attitude this bunch possess!

Proud to be a COLONEL!
Amen that!
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 pm Proud of our team. Two horrible calls cost us this one. How far this team has come has been remarkable.
That plus red zone. Gotta start getting TDs instead of FGs. Golly this one hurts. But proud of the fight!!!
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:13 pm Proud of our team. Two horrible calls cost us this one. How far this team has come has been remarkable.
That plus red zone. Gotta start getting TDs instead of FGs. Golly this one hurts. But proud of the fight!!!
Very proud of the fight. It’s been a while since we’ve seen it. The future is bright.
ekufan4life

Post by ekufan4life »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:32 pm
DannyHopesGhost wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:22 pm
Very proud of the fight. It’s been a while since we’ve seen it. The future is bright.
We played great!! Too many mental mistakes however...all of those false starts. I think Jones was robbed of the late TD. That would’ve changed everything!
Sae

Post by Sae »

Looking back on today, had a couple realizations. 1. I was angry at the end of the game, We were playing a good team from a division above ours and We did enough to win today, looking back now that's a great sign. 2. This teams has progressed SO FAR during this season, after week 1 I was worried if we could score a td on the season and if we could hold anyone under 50, they have improved across the board so much it does not look like the same team. 3. We got screwed, the catch, fumble, TD taken away, and seemed a very unfavorable whistle was what it took for them to squeak out a win.
4. It feels good to start to have expectations for the future again, we have a bunch of young guys, and this season is going to do wonders for developing them, looking back on the season so far, this could end up being the best scenario Coach Wells could ask for, he is basically getting a year long spring ball to evaluate kids and get systems in place and recruit with the best national exposure we have had since the early 80's.
5. I'm really looking forward to being back in town Sat for the game, let's hope the progress continues
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Sae, you are spot on.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Sae wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 pm Looking back on today, had a couple realizations. 1. I was angry at the end of the game, We were playing a good team from a division above ours and We did enough to win today, looking back now that's a great sign. 2. This teams has progressed SO FAR during this season, after week 1 I was worried if we could score a td on the season and if we could hold anyone under 50, they have improved across the board so much it does not look like the same team. 3. We got screwed, the catch, fumble, TD taken away, and seemed a very unfavorable whistle was what it took for them to squeak out a win.
4. It feels good to start to have expectations for the future again, we have a bunch of young guys, and this season is going to do wonders for developing them, looking back on the season so far, this could end up being the best scenario Coach Wells could ask for, he is basically getting a year long spring ball to evaluate kids and get systems in place and recruit with the best national exposure we have had since the early 80's.
5. I'm really looking forward to being back in town Sat for the game, let's hope the progress continues
Yes. This is effectively a year long spring camp. With one program at least already opting out of spring ball, there is no guarantee that spring ball happens. There are a TON of 21 recruits watching how close we are to breaking thru, and I believe this is huge for next recruiting class. We have some things that need to be upgraded, and I’m hoping this helps towards that. Also, fundraisers need to get behind this program now.

I’m excited for next weekend’s homecoming.
ekufan4life

Post by ekufan4life »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm
Sae wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 pm Looking back on today, had a couple realizations. 1. I was angry at the end of the game, We were playing a good team from a division above ours and We did enough to win today, looking back now that's a great sign. 2. This teams has progressed SO FAR during this season, after week 1 I was worried if we could score a td on the season and if we could hold anyone under 50, they have improved across the board so much it does not look like the same team. 3. We got screwed, the catch, fumble, TD taken away, and seemed a very unfavorable whistle was what it took for them to squeak out a win.
Yes. This is effectively a year long spring camp. With one program at least already opting out of spring ball, there is no guarantee that spring ball happens. There are a TON of 21 recruits watching how close we are to breaking thru, and I believe this is huge for next recruiting class. We have some things that need to be upgraded, and I’m hoping this helps towards that. Also, fundraisers need to get behind this program now.

I’m excited for next weekend’s homecoming.
Well said by the both of you. But with the recruiting aspect, if everyone gets their year back what does that do for recruiting?A senior who would graduate now gets to play another season. They might not have enough scholarships.