Houston Baptist

Maroon Forever

Re: Houston Baptist

Post by Maroon Forever »

EKULFan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:55 pm Our D better step up their game or this could get UGLY...missed tackles and out of position on several plays!

The TV feed is terrible...constantly buffering and EKU needs to do some upgrades with the TV production staff!

The handheld camera operators never stand still while filming...the feed/picture is so bouncy it is hard to watch! :cry: :roll:
I went to the game and recorded it off DirectV channel 789 ECEHD (ESPN College Extra). Just watched it again fast forwarding through dead times. Outcome was the same, but the video was perfect with no buffering. Field level camera work was ok. How were you watching it?
Buffering issues are usually due to bandwidth.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Was watching on my computer...using the link provided by EKUSports. This is my usual method for watching EKU games in all sports. Never had any issues like this until today... it was exceptionally horrid! I had to restart/reload the feed numerous times and missed several plays due to the buffering or the feed freezing! Normally the live feed is excellent! Very frustrating...and the Kerns play at times didn't help!
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Bam wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:34 pm 2020 is a cluster as well as EKU football. Please shut it down
We can shut 2020 down I’m all for that. But as much as I was unhappy with the first half, looked better in the second and I’ve seen a ton of improvement overall since game 1. Besides the obvious fumble on the last drive, the 3 most crucial things that put us behind the 8 ball were the horrendous 1st series, dropping 3 interceptions, and our inability to defend the middle of the field right now. On that last one, part of that comes from our D line not getting hands up to disrupt passing lanes, and the other part is a still young LB core. A 3-4 should not be leaving as much blank space in the middle of the field at crucial times and it is because they are still learning drop back coverage.

I’d rather keep our season going.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

I do think we are getting better...and yes our pass defense at times is well... bad!

But you can see a vast improvement from the Marshall game...still we need lots of work! :shock:

Early on today, I was fearful of a blowout! I liked the fight/toughness we brought in the 2nd half! Gotta learn to do that for 60 minutes! The HBU QB was VERY GOOD...The 3 man D-line/rush gave him plenty of time to find open receivers...and given that time he is hard to beat!
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Wouldn’t be surprised to see their quarterback playing on Sundays.
Colonel Grad

Post by Colonel Grad »

Here's what I've come up with through four games of the Walt Wellls era.

We are a much better coached team than under Mark Elder
1) Improvement from game to game
2) Improvement and adjustments in-game, halftime adjustments made during HBU game and we were a much better team in the 2nd half.

So far, this staff seems to be the best at developing quarterbacks since any EKU staff since Danny Hope. Parker McKinney has played outstanding, except for the unfortunate fumble. For the first time since Al Holland, when we got the ball with 2:22 left in the game, I had no doubt in my mind our QB was going to drive and score.

The Elder regime completely misused and didn't develop McKinney from a talented freshman into an all-OVC caliber QB. It was a travesty that they brought the Oregon State transfer in and started him over McKinney. And proved to be the wrong call.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Colonel Grad wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:54 pm Here's what I've come up with through four games of the Walt Wellls era.

We are a much better coached team than under Mark Elder
1) Improvement from game to game
2) Improvement and adjustments in-game, halftime adjustments made during HBU game and we were a much better team in the 2nd half.

ColonelGrad I totally agree with you...this staff is the best we have had in some time! Still a little green but SOOO much better than the past several years!

Given the current circumstances...Coach Wells has done a remarkable job! Can't wait to see what this staff/team can do down the road when/if things return to normal!

Also, love the more traditional uniforms...However, I do like the gray unis and hope we wear them again!
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

I see vast improvements from game one. I think had had it been a non covid year we would be seeing a totally different team at this point. McKinney (if he stays healthy has the potential to be a really really good QB. I do wish we would learn to keep looking down field when flushed from the pocket. I say we keep playing if at all possible. If we don't win another game it will be a valuable and positive year. I am not looking at Ws and Ls this year. This is probably the toughest schedule an EKU team has ever had and we are facing it with a totally new Coaching staff and system. BUT. It is a free season. It is like a year long practice against some very good opposition. It does not get much better than that. We are getting a boatload of experience for a lot of Freshmen and giving a lot of upperclassmen an extra year to learn a knew system. But the best part is WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL. Kudos to Matt and his staff.
GO BIG E!
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

FGColonel wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:18 am I see vast improvements from game one. I think had had it been a non covid year we would be seeing a totally different team at this point. McKinney (if he stays healthy has the potential to be a really really good QB. I do wish we would learn to keep looking down field when flushed from the pocket. I say we keep playing if at all possible. If we don't win another game it will be a valuable and positive year. I am not looking at Ws and Ls this year. This is probably the toughest schedule an EKU team has ever had and we are facing it with a totally new Coaching staff and system. BUT. It is a free season. It is like a year long practice against some very good opposition. It does not get much better than that. We are getting a boatload of experience for a lot of Freshmen and giving a lot of upperclassmen an extra year to learn a knew system. But the best part is WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL. Kudos to Matt and his staff.
GO BIG E!
Completely agree! This team has improved tremendously from the first game. I was skeptical at first of the move to play this fall and thus far (along with the schedule) I believe that it has proven to be the right one. The team is young. I counted as many as 3 true freshmen getting snaps on defense and a couple on offense (maybe more). Lots of sophomores, juniors etc. making contributions on both sides of the ball so, that should bode well for the future of EKU football. Glad that we are playing!!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

This 9 game fall season will benefit us for next fall. Experience plus being more rested than those tha play spring ball. Yeah, we won't win a conference title or go to the playoffs this season, but the experience gained will be invaluable.