Coach Elder at Moeller

Colonel Since '65

Coach Elder at Moeller

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

When I learned that Coach Elder is now the coach at Moeller in Cincy I checked their game with Trinity last night. Trinity beat em 44-7! I was shocked because Moeller is a traditional power on Ohio. Now I learn that Trinity beat them 41-0 last year and Moeller only won 2 games.
As a St X grad I don’t like to see Trinity win anything. I was at X when Trinity fielded their first varsity team. We beat them soundly—and won the state championship my senior year. In the last 20 years or so the Rocks have become a football factory, forsaking academics. At least that is the way I see it—maybe because they have beaten us 15 of the last 17 games. Must be cheating!!!! Am I right, EKU05?
Colonel12

Re: Coach Elder at Moeller

Post by Colonel12 »

Being from Cincy I can say Moeller football is a shell of itself. They have been passed by some public schools in the area. Now their volleyball team is pretty good.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Moeller was nothing like the Moeller of old. The week before though, they beat Bishop Harville (?), who is normally pretty good. I’d say, given the state of the program, they will have their moment before they are the Moeller of old.

I Wish Coach Elder well. Once a Colonel, always a Colonel.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel Since '65 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:04 am When I learned that Coach Elder is now the coach at Moeller in Cincy I checked their game with Trinity last night. Trinity beat em 44-7! I was shocked because Moeller is a traditional power on Ohio. Now I learn that Trinity beat them 41-0 last year and Moeller only won 2 games.
As a St X grad I don’t like to see Trinity win anything. I was at X when Trinity fielded their first varsity team. We beat them soundly—and won the state championship my senior year. In the last 20 years or so the Rocks have become a football factory, forsaking academics. At least that is the way I see it—maybe because they have beaten us 15 of the last 17 games. Must be cheating!!!! Am I right, EKU05?
Well, gee...

Trinity definitely has more academic wiggle room than the good guys in Germantown do. I teach at one of the girls' catholic schools in the city, and to my knowledge Trinity is the only one of the local catholic schools that has a program of study within their building that is, but its own admission, not a college preparatory program (that's not to say that most of their students aren't in college prep level programs...they are).

This particular Shamrock team returned, I think, all 11 starters on defense. Most of them have been starting since sophomore year...which is when St. X took them to the woodshed. They've grown up since then. What's really, really odd though is that St. X routinely wins freshman and JV games between the two. It rarely translates to varsity these days because Trinity does seem to get a pretty high number of transfers. One example would be recent Purdue star/NFL prospect Rondale Moore who played his first two seasons across the River in Indiana before he transferred to Trinity.

All of that is to say...don't expect Trinity to lose, or even come close to losing to anyone this season.

Meanwhile the Tigers dropped their season opener to Bowling Green, a 5A Powerhouse built by....current St. X Coach Kevin Wallace. It may be another long year for the "best of schools around."
Last edited by EKU05 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

My kids high school (Indianapolis Cathedral) beat Moeller last year in a pretty sloppy game. They beat Trinity last year too.

Getting ready for the 3 game Cincinnati run with St X, Lasalle and Elder all coming up to Indy the next three weeks. Elder replaced Trinity due to the original uncertainty with KY HS football.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

On a side the Elders just welcomed to the world # 4 , a little baby girl. Mother and baby are doing well.. Congratulations 🎈
Colonel Since '65

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

Good luck to Coach Elder going forward.
And thanks, ‘05, for providing facts to support my admitted prejudice against the SHAMrocks. Facts are in short supply in today’s world. In any case I’m “proud of the green and the gold”.