Marshall Preview and Predictions

GoldenBear

Marshall Preview and Predictions

Post by GoldenBear »

How do we stack up against Marshall? Looks like they return a lot on offense. Can our defense slow them down and/or how do we fair against them offensively?

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/08 ... ering-herd
Bam

Re: Marshall Preview and Predictions

Post by Bam »

Money game. Lose 35-10
Mess with the devil and get the horns
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

One thing I do like. We should be fairly strong running the rock, which was not their strong point in as last year, and they lost several starters on that D. If we can play ball control and limit turnovers, be opportunistic when it allows with passing (secondary is their strength returning), we can do damage. I foresee quite a bit more TE involvement with pass game.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

My biggest concern is lack of experience and depth at DE, and somewhat at LB.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Bam wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 pm Money game. Lose 35-10
I hope Coach Wells doesn't hold back because this is a money game. EKU has $$ games scheduled for years in the future. There's no reason to worry about embarrassing an FBS program, then not being able to schedule more. Eastern needs to approach money games like NDSU does.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

bill54 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am My biggest concern is lack of experience and depth at DE, and somewhat at LB.
According to the roster, we have 59 freshmen, 19 sophomores, 20 Juniors and 11 seniors. That seems kinda young to me. Depth at most positions is a concern for me. The numbers bode well for the future, just not sure about Saturday.
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

..our last win in Huntington was 1990, the last game in Fairfield Stadium.

As much as I dislike Marshall, I'm very happy for the matchup. I'm hoping
for an injury free game that we compete in from gun-to-gun.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

bill54 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am My biggest concern is lack of experience and depth at DE, and somewhat at LB.
E Taylor now listed as starter at DE, and K Richards/M Norris on the other side. I feel better about the DE/Jack positions. I think EKU has decent talent, depth and experience at safety and the corners. Not so sure about LB. I'm a little surprised that the UCLA and Duke transfers aren't in the mix. I'm also a little surprised by the o-line make-up/changes.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

bill54 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:15 am
E Taylor now listed as starter at DE, and K Richards/M Norris on the other side. I feel better about the DE/Jack positions. I think EKU has decent talent, depth and experience at safety and the corners. Not so sure about LB. I'm a little surprised that the UCLA and Duke transfers aren't in the mix. I'm also a little surprised by the o-line make-up/changes.
Where can we view the depth chart? I'd love to see it!
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Marshall preview. Under game notes.. Also showed Dak at starting QB. Let’s see how much he has improved. 👍