Great Article on FCS/FBS Football

EKU05

Re: Great Article on FCS/FBS Football

Post by EKU05 »

Eternal Colonel wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 pm ...the unmentioned gorilla in the room is 25 miles north on I-75.

Neither Marshall, MTSU, Appalachian, etc. had to compete with the state flagship
in it's backdoor as do we. I'd like to think we could revive the crowds and intensity of
Saturdays from the late '70's to the early '90's; but is seems like forever ago.

The SEC so dominates the area where their schools reside; it would take more than
FCS playoff presence to generate interest and-hence income. I'm not as conversant
with the proximity of MAC/Sunbelt members to their state's flagship schools, but-
if there were any as close as we are, I'd love to see their attendance numbers.

Yeah-I'm all for a move up and-I certainly hope when it comes, it revives the program
we all love...
You're absolutely right about the proximity to UK. The most comparable situations in the MAC is probabaly Eastern Michigan who sits very, very close to Ann Arbor. They've struggled with attendance more so than WMU and CMU.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

ekugrad1970 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:29 pm Playing schools like Miami Ohio , Ohio u, Marshall and wku.....could see our attendance easily 15000 plus
I want to move up, but I'm not THAT optimistic. WKU doesn't always hit 15,000, and they have a larger enrollment, exist in a larger town, and play in a conference better than either of the two we could get into. FBS can work for us, but we're not going to "easily" get to 15,000+.
ekugrad1970

Post by ekugrad1970 »

15000 will not be easy but we did in the past.....