summer practice

bill54

summer practice

Post by bill54 »

Read an article where DI football and b'ball can resume on a voluntary basis beginning June 1. Because spring training was cancelled, I think the NCAA should allow more organized practice this summer, if it can be done safely.
neugie

Re: summer practice

Post by neugie »

Bashear probably wont allow it
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

neugie wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm Bashear probably wont allow it
Let's not start getting political.

dj
neugie

Post by neugie »

jUSTA FACT NOT POLITICAL i THOUGHT PEOPLE EXPRESSED OPINIONS ON THIS SITE
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Not my fight :? ... but UofL is apparently permitted to allow players back (voluntarily) 6/8/20! As long as they have adequate testing and social distancing policies for the athletics to follow! If they can then so should ALL other universities in KY!
neugie

Post by neugie »

I thought gathering of more than 10 were not allowed
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

neugie wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:14 am I thought gathering of more than 10 were not allowed
Below is a excerpt from an ESPN.com story relating to the college football environment for the 2020 season...

"Louisville became the first ACC school to announce a return to voluntary workouts and will start June 8, with coronavirus testing and protocols in place to try to ensure a safe environment"

"Louisville will have a phased approach, starting with 30 football players, 15 men's basketball players and 15 women's basketball players returning to campus May 27. The group would begin coronavirus testing and physicals on June 3 and be ready to participate in voluntary workouts June 8. Tyra said the university has purchased tens of thousands of masks and sanitizer in 55-gallon barrels. Players won't be allowed to shower in the facility after workouts and will be required to observe social distancing guidelines."

"If there is a positive test, Tyra said (UofL- AD) they have quarantining protocols they will follow, and access to a contact tracing app as well."

Link below:
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... 8-workouts
bill54

Post by bill54 »

I think social distancing would be tough to implement. But other measures such as testing could be employed.