Recruiting News

DannyHopesGhost

Recruiting News

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Wells secured commitment from Ryan Jackson, a TN O/D lineman. Film is pretty good. He has some technique stuff to work on, but shows a lot of potential and a good motor.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Bxeue
DannyHopesGhost

Re: Recruiting News

Preston Poag, Jr has entered the transfer portal due to family reasons, according to his Twitter.
Westside

Post by Westside »

The coaches must be making there rounds around the state. I saw on Facebook where they were on Log Mountain.
DannyHopesGhost

Westside wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:57 pm The coaches must be making there rounds around the state. I saw on Facebook where they were on Log Mountain.
Same. Wells was also in Mercer County as well the other day.
DannyHopesGhost

Got a bunch of official visitors on campus this weekend. Hoping this helps them seal the deal with them. Also hoping Coach Wells is taking a peek at some more under the radar Kentucky guys.
Bam

Post by Bam »

Get to Florida and Georgia!!
Mess with the devil and get the horns
DannyHopesGhost

Bam wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:24 am Get to Florida and Georgia!!
I count 21+ on the roster from those two states. Nice mix of states, NC, GA, AL, OH, VA, etc. previous staff actually did pretty good in getting a footprint into football heavy states. What I am NOT seeing is pipelines. We need to hit the football powerhouses or tradition rich programs. A lot of times they will have players just an inch too short for the “big time” offers, etc but turn out to be phenomenal players when given the opportunity to do so. Coach Kidd made a living off of doing that in the past. Had players from St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida, West Palm, etc. Then also hit places like Trinity and St X, etc.

I realize the emphasis on the star rankings and so forth but that can’t be the be all to end all. I don’t know the extent of Coach Well’s HS relationships in Ky and so on (I know very highly connected in TN), but I’m hoping he’s able to open some of these pipelines. I hate seeing people from EKy committing to Youngstown State and so forth when they could/should be HERE.

I’m getting off my soapbox now. Sorry for the long post. lol
DannyHopesGhost

Interesting note today on Twitter. UK backup QB Walker Wood has entered the transfer portal. Wood was a tremendous dual threat QB for Lafayette HS. Wonder if Wells pursues to keep our depth chart up? Even if not at QB, he was dangerous in the open field and may be open to coming in as a slot or ATH?
DannyHopesGhost

Offers out since early signing day that I’ve been able to see on Twitter:

Nile, RB out of Clearwater, FL
Jacob O’Buck, OL out of Marietta, GA
Jaquez Jones, WR out of St. Petersburg, FL
Taylor Groves WR/DB out of TN
Jantzen Dunn DB Bowling Green, KY
DeVon Holmes DE Memphis, TN
John Stone C/OL Ashland, KY
Maleik Gray WR/DB MS Gulf Coast (JUCO)
Jeriah Hightower RB Madisonville, KY

Keep in mind these are only the ones I can confirm from Twitter SINCE signing day. Looking at film, Wells seems to be focusing on length and speed for both O and D. Not a bad formula at all.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Jacob O’Buck is Brett O’Bucks son. 👍