Coach Wells’ next moves

Braxton

Re: Coach Wells’ next moves

Post by Braxton »

After listening to Coach Wells speak tonight:

Shannon Morrison- LBs/ Co-Defensive Coordinator was retained.

Mark Naylor- Strength Coach was also retained.

Per roster, only coaches left on staff outside of the listed above is Troy Rothenbuhler (TEs) and Jesse Williams (DL), both of who have not officially been retained or announced I believe.

The rest of the Elder Era staff has been relieved of their duties.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -
Packard Fan

Post by Packard Fan »

Very glad to hear that Coach Morrison was retained. He's a really good coach. Don't know much about the new offensive line coach but I hope we do well controlling the line of scrimmage because that'll be key moving forward, on both sides of the ball.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Folks mentioned how good Maddix was at DC under Elder. Watching the Hawai'i Bowl and Maddix is the DC for San Diego St.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:34 pm Folks mentioned how good Maddix was at DC under Elder. Watching the Hawai'i Bowl and Maddix is the DC for San Diego St.
Kurt Maddix would be a head coach somewhere at a FCS level-ish program right now if he looked the part. And I honestly hate that for him. He Made chicken salad out of chicken **** a lot. Granted the D was more talented than the offense at that time. Kept them in games they didn’t have business being in. If they could’ve figured out Mirando it might’ve worked out.
eku022

Post by eku022 »

Thought for sure we'd have a new DC moving forward.
ekupops

Post by ekupops »

I remember watching you play in the defensive back field. Your early recognition of the offensive’s set up. Your subsequent ordering your backfield to get into place to maximize their defensive lanes and angles. Maybe you should be the defensive coordinator.
Go Colonels!
Braxton

Post by Braxton »

eku022 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:56 pm Thought for sure we'd have a new DC moving forward.
Unfortunately, The good ole EKU boy is tough to overlook in Richmond.

He needed to be let go before walking out of the press box at Gardner Webb.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -