UT Martin Game Thread

Maroon Forever

Re: UT Martin Game Thread

Post by Maroon Forever »

BigDawgEKU wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 pm Ugh. I am tired of Elder.
I think a lot of us are. Today showed just how little we’ve progressed. And that’s being charitable. Not sure this team with current staff would beat Dean Hood’s last team.
jrw77

Post by jrw77 »

Did not think Elder and staff could coach after their first season. If Hood could have put a decent offense on the field he would still be at EKU. Hood's defense normally played well. I agree that Hood's last team would probably beat this mess.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Refs were atrocious. No way did the ground not cause that fumble. Also, Martin players are thugs. #47 was on the sideline saying #22 I want him paralyzed after today. I want him to never walk again." As other players were taunting Donna and other EKU fans.

Half tempted to write to the OVC but know it would fall on deaf ears. We should just change the name to the Tennessee Valley Conference since the Tennessee schools are favored.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
skyhawks84

Post by skyhawks84 »

:lol: The Eastern Kentucky players are perfect little angels of course. You got beat by a school that has half the athletic budget that you have. Speaking of atrocious officiating...that targeting call, the alleged fourth down conversion, and a late pass interference call that was called even know the ball was uncatchable.
neugie

Post by neugie »

Danny Hope hasnt done much with that o line He was supposed to be so great
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

skyhawks84 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:30 pm :lol: You got beat by a school that has half the athletic budget that you have.
And THAT is exactly the problem....
GO EKU!!!
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

skyhawks84 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:30 pm :lol: The Eastern Kentucky players are perfect little angels of course. You got beat by a school that has half the athletic budget that you have. Speaking of atrocious officiating...that targeting call, the alleged fourth down conversion, and a late pass interference call that was called even know the ball was uncatchable.
Bad face mask non call
QB was down, no fumble, but UTM gets a TD
Among other missed calls
Oh, and the targeting call? Textbook! Guess they let it go because the UTM player who did it was the one who appeared hurt... pathetic.
But we should never be in a position against a UTM that we have to count on the refs making the right call. 😬
We got out coached and out played, their execution was just better than ours.
Has been a long number of years for Colonel fans. I was hoping we would right this ship this year, my hope has faded.
But GO Big E!
Last edited by Marvin on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO EKU!!!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

skyhawks84 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:30 pm :lol: The Eastern Kentucky players are perfect little angels of course. You got beat by a school that has half the athletic budget that you have. Speaking of atrocious officiating...that targeting call, the alleged fourth down conversion, and a late pass interference call that was called even know the ball was uncatchable.
Or every DB on UTM holding our receivers every time.

Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Marvin wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 pm
Bad face mask non call
QB was down, no fumble, but UTM gets a TD
Among other missed calls
But we should never be in a position against a UTM that we have to count on the refs making the right call. 😬
We got out coached and out played, their execution was just better than ours.
Has been a long number of years for Colonel fans. I was hoping we would right this ship this year, my hope has faded.
But GO Big E!
I have been a big-time supporter of Elder up until today. I was sitting by Donna today and after our first TD, their D coordinator came over to the D and said "They aren't good enough to pass all day" Elder had to know they are the best team in the TVC at stopping the run. Yet he insisted on forcing the run even on 3rd and longs.

skyhawks84

Post by skyhawks84 »

[/quote]Oh, and the targeting call? Textbook! Guess they let it go because the UTM player who did it was the one who appeared hurt... pathetic.[/quote]

Please watch the replay! He led with the shoulder. You do realize they reviewed it and overturned the call because of how obvious it was.