Status of Begley Building

A place to hang out and chat. But let's be nice :)
Steve 82

Status of Begley Building

Post by Steve 82 »

I figured I would ask on this part of the board because Begley is more than just a stadium.

My second daughter is looking at going to EKU and going ROTC as my wife and I both did (although my wife got commissioned out of Michigan).
Anyway, we e-mail the recruiting staff. They let us know that they were in the process of moving from Begley to Weaver. So I'm wondering if EKU has started the process of moving academic programs out of Begley into new or renovated spaces. Has anyone heard anything?
DannyHopesGhost

Re: Status of Begley Building

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Steve 82 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 am I figured I would ask on this part of the board because Begley is more than just a stadium.

My second daughter is looking at going to EKU and going ROTC as my wife and I both did (although my wife got commissioned out of Michigan).
Anyway, we e-mail the recruiting staff. They let us know that they were in the process of moving from Begley to Weaver. So I'm wondering if EKU has started the process of moving academic programs out of Begley into new or renovated spaces. Has anyone heard anything?
Just saw this. Not sure if going to renovated spaces or spaces opened up by newer facilities. I know the football staff is potentially going to be utilizing some of the space freed up
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 pm
Steve 82 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 am I figured I would ask on this part of the board because Begley is more than just a stadium.

Just saw this. Not sure if going to renovated spaces or spaces opened up by newer facilities. I know the football staff is potentially going to be utilizing some of the space freed up
Really? I just heard at the Football breakfast Wednesday that all non football programs were being moved from the Moberly building. It will be solely football. Also that the Rec center next door to Moberly will be given to Athletics. When asked, I was told because of monetary restraints there were no "immediate" plans for any significant changes or renovations to Begley. MAYBE a few miner alterations to some of the stadium boxes to make them more appealing and comfortable for fans. But, even this was still just in the discussion phase.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

FGColonel wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:41 am
DannyHopesGhost wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Really? I just heard at the Football breakfast Wednesday that all non football programs were being moved from the Moberly building. It will be solely football. Also that the Rec center next door to Moberly will be given to Athletics. When asked, I was told because of monetary restraints there were no "immediate" plans for any significant changes or renovations to Begley. MAYBE a few miner alterations to some of the stadium boxes to make them more appealing and comfortable for fans. But, even this was still just in the discussion phase.
When I had heard it, it was still discussing only. I am fairly certain old rotc space n begley was empty for some time to free up just for football so this makes sense. I am speaking of lowest level only though.