Roan to JMU

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
Colonel12

Re: Roan to JMU

Post by Colonel12 »

Yikes

What dirt does Worthington have on Roan.

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... 46c96.html
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 pm Yikes

What dirt does Worthington have on Roan.

https://www.richmondregister.com/sports ... 46c96.html
Yeah. That's what I was talking about.

Part of my still wonders if it was just a case of the legalities of firing someone over things that are almost certainly true, but really hard to prove. Maybe we should have done it anyway regardless of legal consequences. I really struggle between my love of the "innocent until proven guilty" principle and common sense logic that tells me that many allegations can't *all* be entirely untrue.
Sae

Post by Sae »

Here is what makes me mad with the article, he already has no relationship with EKU for at least 2 years in his words, it's not professional to take that shot now. I'm not defending what the AD may have done or not done (I don't know), but trying to act like he is the professional and was so mistreated, then write that story shows he's not professional and probably did more to deserve the treatment he got than he wants to let on.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

ColonelFan22

Post by ColonelFan22 »

Colonel12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:42 pm Agreed RollKerns fully.

Did he do a great job? Yes at times.
Was he shady? Absolutely.
Did he try and succeed at covering up the softball scandal? Yeah.
Am I glad he is leaving? Yeah.
Do I trust McFadden not to replace him with someone who is good at the job and high integrity? Absolutely not.

The triad of McFadden, Roan, Diaz, is getting broken up.

McFadden please leave now too.
McFadden?
Be careful what you wish for! It can be much worse with another Hanley Funderburke type. We get a HF clone and EKU will be lagging behind every University in KY and athletics will be toast!!!! And that’s no exaggeration! .
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

This university took a step back when we ran Benson out of town.

EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 am This university took a step back when we ran Benson out of town.
I'd surmise that I'm probably not as anti-McFadden as you are...but I agree. I loved Dr. Benson. Opinions are subjective, but I think he's arguably the best leader EKU ever had (at least since Martin).

That said, he had already interviewed for a few other positions including both College of Charleston and Ole Miss. So, I'm not sure that he was going to be our president all that much longer either way. But I wish the end had been less acrimonious, and it almost feels like there's some weird Karma that he's now leading the school that kept us out of the Sunbelt.
ColonelFan22

Post by ColonelFan22 »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 am This university took a step back when we ran Benson out of town.
I agree 100%.
But, unfortunately Benson is gone. I don’t have an opinion either way regarding McFadon. But I can tell you 110% if we get another clone of Funderburke, you’ll then see the damage that can be done in a very short time!
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

Obviously this happened quick, wonder if they have any one specific in mind or if they are going to open it up to a search.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

RollKerns wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am Obviously this happened quick, wonder if they have any one specific in mind or if they are going to open it up to a search.
From the release.
EKU will begin a search immediately for the new athletic director. An interim AD will be named in the coming weeks.
dj