Another Bad Look on EKU Leadership

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
Steve 82

Re: Another Bad Look on EKU Leadership

Post by Steve 82 »

EKU05 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:03 pm We really should have just paid that exit fee. I know it hurts, but it's the right thing to do. At this point we should pay it plus a sizeable donation to a charity of the OVC's choice as interest.

Matt Roan...I've sung your praises repeatedly, but do the right thing here. Don't drag the name of our great university through the mud.
I don't the final decision is Matt's.

I agree we should have paid it and moved on.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Steve 82 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:07 pm
EKU05 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:03 pm We really should have just paid that exit fee. I know it hurts, but it's the right thing to do. At this point we should pay it plus a sizeable donation to a charity of the OVC's choice as interest.

Matt Roan...I've sung your praises repeatedly, but do the right thing here. Don't drag the name of our great university through the mud.
I don't the final decision is Matt's.

I agree we should have paid it and moved on.
Not his alone, but he's been given a lot of latitude. There's no reason to think he wouldn't be taken seriously if he pushed for the opposite, and the AD certainly does have some discretion over how the athletics budget is spent. This would send a big message to everything that EKU will stand behind its commitments. If I were the members of any other conference I wouldn't touch a school that doesn't do so.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Reread the article and found it interesting that the OVC suit against Jax St got thrown out. Differences in state laws I guess.