Another Bad Look on EKU Leadership

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
Colonel12

Another Bad Look on EKU Leadership

Post by Colonel12 »

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Steve 82

Re: Another Bad Look on EKU Leadership

Post by Steve 82 »

To summarize, leadership used private e-mails to discuss conference realignment and claim this was not subject to the Open Records Act, which is disputed.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

They did it intentionally to avoid the Open Records Requests. If they are wanting to hide this from Open Records what else are they hiding?

Sae

Post by Sae »

not that it makes it right, but they were in a situation where the information going public too early could blow up the entire thing. Not sure how it should have been handled, My advice would be if you don't want it on the record don't put it on paper on record but who knows. I see both sides to this argument.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

I understand not being upset because this move has been so much excitement for our alma mater and the right move, and of course it makes us look less than desirable so I really see where defense of this can come from.

However, I think this is pretty egregious. We've got to have the transparency in government & leaders or they will find a way to do things that are inappropriate. This in itself isn't that big of a deal, but it comes down to what else could they or anyone else hide. It doesn't look good, and I have to assume will result in Eastern losing their countersuit vs the OVC. Why didn't they just all talk about it in person? Could've been a lot easier.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Pick up a phone and dial a phone number is all they had to do.

RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

For me, I think the biggest issue is they were intentionally acting in the interest to perpetrate a fraud. Like it even says "hey lets try to avoid the open records request". That is not a good sign whatsoever. It just looks guility.

I play the game all the time if WKU/UK/Jax St./Rival did this what would my reaction be and it isn't good at all. This whole thing was botched to begin with.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Makes you wonder what was sent over personal email regarding the softball controversy last summer?

colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Jimmy Hoffa .. ?
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

We really should have just paid that exit fee. I know it hurts, but it's the right thing to do. At this point we should pay it plus a sizeable donation to a charity of the OVC's choice as interest.

Matt Roan...I've sung your praises repeatedly, but do the right thing here. Don't drag the name of our great university through the mud.