Baptist Health Arena

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
Steve 82

Baptist Health Arena

Post by Steve 82 »

EKU05

Re: Baptist Health Arena

Post by EKU05 »

Do you think they will change the court for this season? It's no small task to get rid of the "Arena" after McBrayer in that endzone section.
Sae

Post by Sae »

EKU05 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:36 pm Do you think they will change the court for this season? It's no small task to get rid of the "Arena" after McBrayer in that endzone section.
While I would say yes because it gives them reason to get rid of the Colonel head logo at mid court like has been discussed for several years.(I'm still very against removal fyi).

I would say no because at the end of the season when the renovation starts, I'd assume redoing the floor would be part of it. I'd expect a band aid for this season.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Sae wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:43 pm
EKU05 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:36 pm Do you think they will change the court for this season? It's no small task to get rid of the "Arena" after McBrayer in that endzone section.
While I would say yes because it gives them reason to get rid of the Colonel head logo at mid court like has been discussed for several years.(I'm still very against removal fyi).

I would say no because at the end of the season when the renovation starts, I'd assume redoing the floor would be part of it. I'd expect a band aid for this season.
I didn't mean a brand new court. They definitely won't do that. I meant refinishing the several feet of the endzone it would take to replace the word "Arena" with "Court." I'm also assuming there will be Baptist Health logos added, probably in the two open spaces not already occupied by the ASUN logo.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

EKU released an image of the court with the new name.

https://twitter.com/eku/status/15886376 ... 4b06Q&s=19
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion