Football coach.

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
Colonel12

Re: This isn't good if true

Post by Colonel12 »

Landon released another statement.

'"Response to AD Matt Roan:
First I would
like to say thank you to the thousands of people and players who have reached out to me from all over the country and in the college football world to offer me comfort and encouragement for posting my honest assessment of the program I love at Eastern Kentucky University.
Second, thank you to the media outlets that have covered the story and been fair to me as it relates to my COVID-19 concerns at my school. I am not going to do any in person/zoom interviews with a news organization at this time, but thanks to CNN and ABC as well as many other local news station who have called or messaged me to help make sure my voice is being heard.
My reaction and subsequent decision to leave the program was due to feeling my voice would not be heard otherwise. I asked for a meeting with my position coach and was given about two-three minutes to talk about the situation. I told him I was uncomfortable with the Covid-19 protocols and felt I should not be there for the health of me, my family, and my teammates. The reaction was very nonchalant and ended with him saying “I’ll run it up the chain of command”.
No one offered me any assistance, No one said here are your options or what happens to me as it relates to playing career in the future. No call from the athletic director to help me with my Covid-19 questions or an explanation. Not a single word except a statement defending coaches and their negligence.

As of this post Covid tests have still not been done at EKU for the whole team & staff since July 6. This is now a week after fall camp started and still nothing. It’s been exactly a month.... If the health and safety of your athletes is “Primary Priority” what’s the hold up on the tests? The Athletic department said “Weekly testing will be performed.” ....

I’m glad my brothers and I are doing what’s in their best interest and well as everybody else around them. This is way deeper than a game. I love my hometown, my school, and my professors. I want everyone to be healthy and the school to be successful.

#DoTheyReallyCare
LOVE🖤"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDkbagEJ5UW ... 62nlht73yl
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Steve 82

Re: Football coach.

Post by Steve 82 »

g--

Post by g-- »

He said; "The alleged non-compliance will be examined line-by-line, all of the facts will be revealed in full and appropriate action will be taken."

Very good! He should have said this a couple of days ago, but I’m glad he finally got around to it. Sounds like the university lawyer might have had a talk with him.
ekualum

Post by ekualum »

AD blaming the athlete isn't a good look. No mention of the others who quit just one player is the fall guy. White went through the chain of command meeting with his coach; not a players job to meet with AD. Problems on the inside!
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Sounds like he took the time to access the situation and respond accordingly. And not jump to conclusions.. hmm 🤔
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Mcc23

Post by Mcc23 »

everybody should take a break from lets fire everybody for now. there is more to these players quitting than just covid from what I have been told
Mcc23

Post by Mcc23 »

This dont belong on basketball no idea why its here.
g--

Post by g-- »

In any dustup like this there are always going to be people who see it with different sets of eyes. That’s why an investigation is always necessary to uncover the facts. Delaying the announcement of an investigation caused more disturbance (campus wide) than was necessary. Hopefully this is a learning experience.