RICHMOND, Ky. –
Eastern Kentucky University’s football team is set to host No. 11 University of Central Arkansas for Homecoming on Saturday at Roy Kidd Stadium.
Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m.
The game will air live on ESPN3. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
The EKU Band will perform on the field following the end of the game.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– This is the first meeting between the two football programs.
– Eastern Kentucky is 1-4 this season after suffering a heartbreaking last second loss at FBS Troy University. The Colonels took a 29-28 lead with 21 seconds left in the game, but the Trojans drove 30 yards and then made a 47-yard field goal as time expired to pull out a 31-29 win.
– EKU was chosen as the Stats Perform FCS Team of the Week after its game at Troy. Eastern totaled 425 yards of offense and forced three turnovers in the near upset.
– Keyion Dixon was picked as the Stats Perform FCS Co-Player of the Week. Dixon had eight receptions for 196 yards and caught two touchdown passes. His first touchdown catch was for 90 yards, setting a new program record for longest touchdown pass. His second came with 21 seconds left in the game and put the Colonels in front 29-28.
– Parker McKinney finished the game at Troy 30-for-47 for a career-best 370 yards at Troy (Oct. 17). He threw two touchdown passes and had one interception.
– Alonzo Booth is second in FCS football with 316 rushing yards. He is fourth in yards per carry (4.39).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– No. 11 Central Arkansas is 3-3 this season. The Bears opened 2020 with a 24-17 win against Ohio Valley Conference member Austin Peay. UCA has beaten Missouri State twice, once at home and once on the road, including a 33-24 win in Springfield on Saturday.
– Central Arkansas averages 29 points per game and has allowed 32.5 points per contest. The Bears churn out 318 yards of offense per game, 215 through the air and 103 on the ground.
– UCA has turned the ball over 13 times in six games, throwing eight interceptions and giving away five fumbles. However, the Bears have forced 18 turnovers, picking off eight passes and grabbing 10 fumbles.
– Junior quarterback Breylin Smith has completed 53 percent of his passes for 1,258 yards. He’s thrown 12 touchdown passes and eight interceptions.
– Junior linebacker Dre Matthews leads the team with 38 tackles, including 4.5 for a loss. Sophomore defensive lineman Logan Jessup has 20 tackles, seven for a loss and 4.5 sacks.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
It doesn’t matter if you are a Colonel Club member, a student, a Colonel fan or a fan of the opponent, there is plenty of information below that will help make your game day experience the best it can be …
• Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the contest. Ushers will be monitoring masking throughout the contest. Anyone who refuses to wear their masks appropriately will be escorted from the venue.
• All patrons will be required to wear facemask when traveling through the parking lots and while socializing.
• No shuttle services from the parking lots to the stadium will be provided during the 2020 season.
• Upon entry into Roy Kidd Stadium, fans and staff will be temperature screened using an infrared thermometer prior to entry.
• Hand sanitization stations will be located in the stadium.
• Signage will be displayed in common areas to assist with physical distancing.
• A comprehensive in-game custodial cleaning plan will include restrooms, team spaces, premium spaces, high-traffic areas and protocol to dispatch custodial services to any area of the stadium for specific needs
Game Day Timeline
1 p.m. – Colonel Club and general parking opens (no tailgating)
2 p.m. – Roy and Sue Kidd Way closes to vehicle traffic
2 p.m. – Concession sales inside the stadium (including alcohol) begins
3:05 p.m. — Kickoff
Physical tickets will not be sold at Roy Kidd Stadium on the day of the game; however, tickets will be available through EKUSports.com.
EKU Football Parking Lot Locations
• There are numerous and convenient parking options for all fans on game day at Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Colonel Club Lot (Lot K) – Located in the Alumni Coliseum Lower and Upper lots across the street from Roy Kidd Stadium, Colonel Club season ticket members have exclusive access to both of these lots with their valid Colonel Club parking pass. Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles at all times.
• RV Zone – EKU is proud to continue offering the RV Zone, designed to provide football fans a unique and unforgettable tailgating experience. Located next to the Olympic Sports Training Center lot and just a few steps away from the Roy Kidd Stadium entrance, the RV Zone is available for both single game and full season passes. Single game passes start at $75 per game, which include two (2) general admission tickets for the game. The EKU RV Zone will open at 6 p.m. the Friday before game day and will close at 3:00 p.m. the Sunday following game day. RVs must be in the RV Zone by 9 p.m. on the night before a home game. There will be no same-day parking for the RV Zone on the day of the game. All attendees in the RV Zone are asked to maintain the 6-foot social distancing standard and are required to wear facemasks. Reservations for the RV Zone are required at least three (3) days in advance and your pass may be reserved by calling (859) 622-7128.
• General Parking – EKU provides general parking free of charge for the following parking lots located on campus: Brockton, Hanlon, Dizney, Commonwealth, Alumni Coliseum back lots or in parking lots across the EKU bypass. All general parking lots will open on game day at 1 p.m.
• Media Parking – Credentialed media members should park at the Greg Adams Tennis Center parking lot located across the EKU bypass.
EKU Football Parking Regulations
• Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Parking on islands, medians or berms is prohibited.
• Parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be saved.
• No tailgating is allowed this season.
• No personal motorized carts are allowed.
• Protect your belongings, EKU will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
For additional information or questions, please call (859) 622-2122.
Student seating is located in sections A and B. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone. Students should enter the stadium through Gate 1. Students need their official school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game.
Alcohol sales (beer and wine) are located on the east side of Roy Kidd Stadium and on the northern end of the main concourse inside the Begley Building:
• Sales begin at 2 p.m.
• Sales continue through the third quarter. No sales in the fourth quarter or overtime.
• Fans will be limited to two (2) beverages per transaction.
• Purchase can be made by fans 21 years and older only.
• Must be consumed in clear plastic cup.
• Cash and credit cards accepted.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium in Section J and R of the east side of the stadium.
• Patrons must purchase a general admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA accessible restrooms are located on the concourse of the east side of the stadium. The Moberly building also provides accessible restrooms.
• ADA accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.
• The main accessible gate (Moberly Gate) is between the Moberly building and the Olympic Sports Training Center.