@EKUFootball Game Day: Reunion Tour Continues When Colonels Travel To Face Former FCS Foe Troy
The game will air live on ESPN3 with kickoff scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET.
The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– EKU is 1-3 all-time against Troy, but the two teams haven’t met since 1997.
– The first meeting came in 1978 when Troy edged Eastern 16-10 in Alabama. The Colonels evened the series a year later with a 15-0 shutout at Roy Kidd Stadium.
– Troy picked up a 40-38 victory in Richmond in 1996 before beating EKU 21-12 a year later on the Trojans’ home field.
– Eastern saw its second half comeback bid come up short in a 33-30 loss to Houston Baptist on Oct. 3 at Roy Kidd Stadium in Richmond.
– EKU gave up 24 points and 328 total yards of offense in the first half against Houston Baptist (Oct. 3). However, after halftime adjustments, the Colonels allowed just seven offensive points and 192 yards of offense in the second half.
– Parker McKinney has thrown seven touchdown passes in the last two games. He ranks third in FCS football with eight passing touchdowns this season.
– After registering his first 100-yard rushing game of the season against Houston Baptist (108), Alonzo Booth is second in FCS football with 277 rushing yards. He is fourth in yards per carry (4.86).
– Matthew Jackson registered 15 tackles against Houston Baptist. He is fourth in FCS with 11 tackles per game.
– The trio of Keyion Dixon, Jacquez Jones and Jackson Beerman are among the nation’s receiving leaders. Dixon is fourth in receiving touchdowns (3), sixth in receiving yards (280), sixth in receptions per game (4.3) and eighth in yards per reception (16.47). Jones is fourth in receiving touchdowns (3). Beerman ranks third in yards per reception (21.78) and ninth in receiving yards (196).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Troy is 2-1 this season after a 37-17 home field win over Texas State on Saturday. The Trojans also have a 47-14 victory at Middle Tennessee this season. Their lone loss was at BYU (48-7).
– Troy averages 30 points and 388 yards of offense per game. The Trojans average 252 passing yards per game.
– Sophomore quarterback Gunnar Watson has completed 69 percent of his passes this season for 748 yards. He has six touchdown passes and just one interception. He was 33-for-46 with 338 yards and four touchdown passes in the win over Texas State.
– Kaylon Geiger has a team-high 15 receptions for a team-best 160 yards. Kimani Vidal leads the team in rushing with 158 yards to go along with one touchdown.
– Linebacker Jayden McDonald leads the Trojans with 19 tackles. Cornerback Reddy Steward has two sacks.