Murray State

colonelblitz

Re: Murray State

Post by colonelblitz »

Down 8 with 13 minutes to go.... Then lights out.. I think as a team, we are wore out.. Fatigue leads to mental and physical mistakes.. I applaud the hustle and toughness but Murray’s legs looked fresh the last 13 minutes.. So Heads up Colonels .. 4 games left in the regular season.. Compete for 40 ... !! Go Colonels
msuowns

Post by msuowns »

colonelblitz wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 pm Down 8 with 13 minutes to go.... Then lights out.. I think as a team, we are wore out.. Fatigue leads to mental and physical mistakes.. I applaud the hustle and toughness but Murray’s legs looked fresh the last 13 minutes.. So Heads up Colonels .. 4 games left in the regular season.. Compete for 40 ... !! Go Colonels
First of all I applaud the big crowd that showed up for EKU. Congrats on the wonderful career of Mayo, wish we had him. On the fatigue part, we just came off a tight, 2 pt win over P. Te starters had to carry most of the load. Ja logged his usual 40 minutes. Then we bus to Richmond for u guys. I think u guys caught us at a bad time. 2 or 3 weeks ago and it would have been closer. Now these guys are ready to share the league title. Looking at stats, I see Ja had 14 assist and broke the single season record and Brown for u guys had no assist. He is a good shooter tho.
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Awesome shot of your beautiful arena.
g--

Post by g-- »

smidge34 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 pm Awesome shot of your beautiful arena.
I was surprised by how few Murray fans were at the game. My wife said it was probably too far for them to travel.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I made that trip twice when I was in school. The first time was my freshman year for a football win in which we scored all 21 of our points in like 2-3 minutes on a rainy day at Stewart Stadium. I think one of our touchdowns that day came off a punt blocked by the great Yeremiah Bell.

The second trip was my senior year for a basketball overtime loss. That was a nice Murray team that had Shumate, Chiles, and two power conference transfers among others. They got the best of Matt Witt and the Colonels that January night, but we hoisted the trophy in Nashville that year ending a 26-year NCAA tournament drought.

All of that said...my original point was going to be that it is a much longer trip than most people think. You assume that two schools in the same state are close (I always did), but it's 5 hours even if you're driving fast. That's ten hours of driving in a night unless you want to spring for the hotel.
msuowns

Post by msuowns »

EKU05 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm I made that trip twice when I was in school. The first time was my freshman year for a football win in which we scored all 21 of our points in like 2-3 minutes on a rainy day at Stewart Stadium. I think one of our touchdowns that day came off a punt blocked by the great Yeremiah Bell.

The second trip was my senior year for a basketball overtime loss. That was a nice Murray team that had Shumate, Chiles, and two power conference transfers among others. They got the best of Matt Witt and the Colonels that January night, but we hoisted the trophy in Nashville that year ending a 26-year NCAA tournament drought.

All of that said...my original point was going to be that it is a much longer trip than most people think. You assume that two schools in the same state are close (I always did), but it's 5 hours even if you're driving fast. That's ten hours of driving in a night unless you want to spring for the hotel.
plus snow and ice forecasted north of Paducah on Friday night.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

University to university. .. 4hr 16 min... I’ve made it in less.. 😀
g--

Post by g-- »

I love reading the Murray fan forum after a game with them. Smidge and msuowns are really great guys (I mean that – you guys are great) but some of the other Murray fans on that website are living in never never land. One guy over there thinks we had a big crowd because people in Madison County wanted to see Murray play. He clearly didn’t know that a lot of free tickets were sent out to Madison County residents. Most of the fans in McBrayer Arena didn’t have any idea who Murray is – it was just a free game. The Murray fans are also bashing the crowd for not cheering – why would they? Most of those people had no idea who Mayo is, much less who Morant is. With the exception of Smidge and msuowns, most Murray fans seem to be living in a self-created fantasy world.
Last edited by g-- on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

I thought Murray St fans showed up for the game. Much better than we did for our game at Murray.. There were 7 in my group. One came up from Union college to see Morant and Mayo play.. But every one in my group knew who Morant was, even my 5th grade cousin..
g--

Post by g-- »

True – there were some Murray fans at the game. Judging by the cheering when Murray made a big play I’d guess there were about 300 Murray fans at the game. But, that's still only 300 out of almost 6,000.