Charleston Southern

g--

Charleston Southern

Post by g-- »

Right now the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings has only one OVC team (SIUE) rated lower than EKU. We are 2nd from the bottom.

Charleston Southern is ranked 292, lower than EKU at 288. We should win this game.

Charleston Southern website;
http://www.csusports.com/sports/mbkb/index
EKU05

Re: Charleston Southern

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote:Right now the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings has only one OVC team (SIUE) rated lower than EKU. We are 2nd from the bottom.

Charleston Southern is ranked 292, lower than EKU at 288. We should win this game.

Charleston Southern website;
http://www.csusports.com/sports/mbkb/index
As bad as we are at present, I don't know if there is such a thing as a "should win" game for us. Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of room to improve because we have talent on the roster, but right now we're not playing smart basketball.
g--

Post by g-- »

True, but with a player who is said to be a potential NBA player we “should” be able to beat the 292nd ranked team in D1 basketball.
g--

Post by g-- »

The home to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers basketball teams is the smallest basketball arena in Division I basketball (881 seats). It looks like a high school gym.

For home games involving major conference teams Charleston Southern plays home games in the North Charleston Coliseum pending availability from South Carolina Stingrays hockey games.

Attendance at all of their home games this year, including VMI, has been at 881 or less (the capacity of their Gym).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSU_Field_House
g--

Post by g-- »

g--

Post by g-- »

Is anyone watching the free video? What do you think of that Gym?

Our defense is really bad right now!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

It's smaller than the gym at the middle school I attended. Great first half. Bad second half

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
g--

Post by g-- »

I didn’t think it was a very good game. Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings has Charleston Southern ranked 303 right now. Winning by 5 over the 303rd team isn’t good.

Norfolk St should be a win too. They’re ranked 337.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

Hey. It's an ugly win, but it's a road win! I know the second half was sloppy, but McHale finally had enough healthy bodies to play a full court press and it produced turnovers and a frenetic pace. If they can play that way more often, the defense will improve. The half court defense is still very porous and I don't know what's wrong with Mayo, but he was lethargic. It's obvious that Tay Weaver makes a big difference on the defensive end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Much need win. Need to try to get some positive momentum going before conference play starts.

There is high schools and middle schools with gyms twice as big as what Charleston Southern has.