Next Year!

g--

Next Year!

Post by g-- »

This week was a good way to end the year!

Next year EKU will have the best front court in the OVC.

Hopefully ALL the players come back.

I’m optimistic.
Sae

Re: Next Year!

Post by Sae »

Agree 100%, God I hope we are right. I think with another year experience and the new guys coming in, it could be an exciting year.
watchingeku

Post by watchingeku »

g-- wrote:This week was a good way to end the year!

Next year EKU will have the best front court in the OVC.

Hopefully ALL the players come back.

I’m optimistic.
I hope Mayo transfers for his own future, McHale gets fired, and EKU hires a true coach. McHale about blew that game today. He has no game management skills and those players are so happy the season is over.

Congratulations to Nick Mayo on his 1000 points! He is special player and needs to go to a program where a coach will prepare him for the next level! McHale only serves his own needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
g--

Post by g-- »

On the post-game show it sounded like Mayo is looking forward to playing with Davis. I can’t wait to see them both on court at the same time.
Last edited by g-- on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Hate that the year is over. Even though it was a rough year, I still wish there was a few more games left. Hopefully these last two games are not a dead cat bounce and they can build off it.

Next year's team should be better just based on added depth, assuming no one leaves, but I am not sure how much better they will be. McHale had three all-OVC sections and JBH and McGlone in year one and could not make the OVC Tournament so added depth does not guarantee this team will be significantly better next year. Hopefully McHale has learned from his mistakes and is ready to take the next step as a head coach over the offseason. I would like to see McHale make some changes to the coaching staff and bring in a veteran assistant coach that can help with in game adjustments and decisions. Also a vet coach can help this team make adjustments throughout the year. In McHale's first two years, his team's have played better earlier in the year then later in the year. That tells me that teams are adjusting to EKU once they get tape on us and we are not making many adjustments as the season goes.

Just making the OVC Tournament next year should not be acceptable. This team needs to be competitive in the OVC. They don't have to win it but the administration should not accept just making the OVC Tournament next year. If it looks like there is going to be another mass exodus in the offseason, then the administration needs to step in immediately and let McHale go. This upcoming offseason and next season are extremely important in the future success of this program. Another bad offseason and/or another bad season and this program will have a massive hole to dig themselves out of that might take several years to recover from.

Finally, thanks to McGlone on a solid career at EKU and I hope the best for him for whatever he decides to do. Also, congrats to Mayo on a thousand points. Hopefully Mayo is here long enough to see him have a chance to become the all time scoring leader at EKU.
g--

Post by g-- »

Peyton Broughton

nominated for All-American honors;

http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/n ... 9b5b4.html

Dedric Boyd's

16-17 statistics;

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dedric- ... -stats.htm

Here's some very recent video;

http://wbbjtv.com/2017/01/10/haywood-ro ... rformance/

A.J. Youngman;

returned from an injury a few days ago, logging his first minutes of the season. He finished with nine points.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170121/m ... -to-lineup

Here's some very recent video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z--1_Sa2f4
Last edited by g-- on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

I saw some vast improvement toward the end of the season, especially in ovc games. End of game coaching is a shortfall for McHale and having a young team.
Who exactly is signed to come in next year? Both juco transfers and freshmen? How many scholarships remain?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sae

Post by Sae »

ekubg wrote:I saw some vast improvement toward the end of the season, especially in ovc games. End of game coaching is a shortfall for McHale and having a young team.
Who exactly is signed to come in next year? Both juco transfers and freshmen? How many scholarships remain?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm not sure on the names and right now I'm too lazy to look them up, but on a short list we have the big kid from Butler that sat out this year, we lost a guard to knee injury last season who will be back and then the kid from North Laurel that's scoring 40 a game. I think all 3 help make an impact, and in my opinion we were 1 or 2 kids from being pretty dang good this year. Hope he finds 1 or 2 more.
g--

Post by g-- »

13 allowed scholarships

Eight scholarship players return and four new scholarship freshman come in;

Dedric Boyd (see post above)
Peyton Broughton (see post above)
A.J. Youngman (see post above)
Jacquess Hobbs

ROSTER;
As of right now these are the scholarship players for 2017/18;

Senior
Zach Charles
Dillon Avare

Junior
Nick Mayo
Jackson Davis 3★
Dujuanta Weaver

Sophomore
Asante Gist 3★
DeAndre Dishman
Lachlan Anderson

Freshman
Dedric Boyd 3★
Peyton Broughton
A.J. Youngman
Jacquess Hobbs
Last edited by g-- on Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
g--

Post by g-- »

I suppose everyone knows juniors Nick Mayo and Jackson Davis will be the starting front court. My guess is senior Zach Charles and sophomore DeAndre Dishman will back them up.

The point guard will be sophomore Asante Gist with Parker Chitty and Dujuanta Weaver off the bench.

The two other starters will be two of these players - Dillon Avare, Marlon Adams, Lachlan Anderson, Dedric Boyd, Peyton Broughton, A.J. Youngman.
Last edited by g-- on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.