New Scoreboard questions

EKUbaseballfan

New Scoreboard questions

Post by EKUbaseballfan »

Just wondered if the scoreboard is not fully functional or is it what it is?
Not complaining, it's 1000 times better then the old one.
I see lots of room on both sides that other scoreboards that I have seen (UK) that are this size, are used for stats, pitcher MPH, and other information about the game and players from both home team and away teams. Just would be nice to have this info when watching the game.
I know it is still new and hoping it is just a learning curve to get used in a way that it seems it can be used..
Anyone have any ideas on it?
Thanks
dljordaneku

Re: New Scoreboard questions

Post by dljordaneku »

EKUbaseballfan wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:39 am Just wondered if the scoreboard is not fully functional or is it what it is?
Not complaining, it's 1000 times better then the old one.
I see lots of room on both sides that other scoreboards that I have seen (UK) that are this size, are used for stats, pitcher MPH, and other information about the game and players from both home team and away teams. Just would be nice to have this info when watching the game.
I know it is still new and hoping it is just a learning curve to get used in a way that it seems it can be used..
Anyone have any ideas on it?
Thanks
If it is from the same company as the others, then it probably is possible but you have to be using the right stat software as well. I helped set up some things with the new football board when it went in. Another thing to consider is that the who oversaw all of that for athletics left to take a similar position with the ASUN and I don't know if they have backfilled his position yet. So it may be they just hadn't got it filled yet and they don't have someone with the knowledge to integrate the two systems just yet.

dj
EKUbaseballfan

Post by EKUbaseballfan »

I was at the ASUN tournament and the scoreboard was really good.
I think this is possible with the one they have and like you said maybe software. But looks like that would be included in the cost of the scoreboard. Anyone out there know?
I think the people who helped sponsor it would expect it to be on par with the other ones around.
If it's a personnel problem it looks like the same person who does the football one would do both.
Or maybe I'm just thinking outside the box. If EKU ever wanted to host the ASUN tourney this would have to be fixed and working. Love to hear any news or updates on this from who is in the know.
The one complaint about the Stetson scoreboard was the obnoxious commercials. Seems like way to many.
dljordaneku

Post by dljordaneku »

EKUbaseballfan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 am ...I think this is possible with the one they have and like you said maybe software. But looks like that would be included in the cost of the scoreboard. Anyone out there know?
The software for stats is separate from the software for the board and you have to know how to integrate them. The company that built the board, assuming it is still the same company, does make a stat software package but schools are typically required to use the software the conference requires. Make it easier for the conference to compile stats if the school can submit a data file that contains the data.
EKUbaseballfan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 am If it's a personnel problem it looks like the same person who does the football one would do both.
Again, the person that handled a lot of that left for the conference just a couple of months ago, so he was here for football and basketball but left shortly after basketball. Making the two packages work together is not an easy task and it took me several attempts to make the football and basketball board work with the stat software.
EKUbaseballfan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:22 am Or maybe I'm just thinking outside the box. If EKU ever wanted to host the ASUN tourney this would have to be fixed and working. Love to hear any news or updates on this from who is in the know.
I think they will get there. I don't know where the school is at with replacing the guy who left but I would think they will get up to speed over the summer.

dj
EKUbaseballfan

Post by EKUbaseballfan »

Thank you, Good info..
Let's hope they get the person hired.
If you hear anything please post it for those who want to know.