Transfers

ohcolonel6

Re: Transfers

Post by ohcolonel6 »

Walker is rumored to be visiting Indiana University too. He had one set but rescheduled. And I agree with another post, going to the Big East is a huge step. Especially when the portal is crazy as it is anymore. He could play well at DePaul then transfer again to a different Big East school. Happens often anymore.

Cam Spencer, the starting PG for UCONN, played at Loyola-MD for years, then went to Rutgers, a bad Big 10 team, played well, then got a look at UCONN.

If Walker lands at DePaul I’m sure that’s the angle he’s taking.

Comer going to Evansville makes sense too. He’s from Indiana, and the Missouri Valley is head and shoulders better than the ASUN.

The ASUN being a bottom 5 conference is a big reason I think players leave, just my opinion. Portal has really gutted lower major & mid major hoops.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

ohcolonel6 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:11 pm Walker is rumored to be visiting Indiana University too. He had one set but rescheduled. And I agree with another post, going to the Big East is a huge step. Especially when the portal is crazy as it is anymore. He could play well at DePaul then transfer again to a different Big East school. Happens often anymore.

Cam Spencer, the starting PG for UCONN, played at Loyola-MD for years, then went to Rutgers, a bad Big 10 team, played well, then got a look at UCONN.

If Walker lands at DePaul I’m sure that’s the angle he’s taking.

Comer going to Evansville makes sense too. He’s from Indiana, and the Missouri Valley is head and shoulders better than the ASUN.

The ASUN being a bottom 5 conference is a big reason I think players leave, just my opinion. Portal has really gutted lower major & mid major hoops.
My 3 kids all went to the the same HS as Comer. Still isn't much of a travel difference driving from Indy to EKU. and Indy to Evansville. Make the drive 2 to 3 times a semester to Evansville as I have a daughter at USI.

End of the day, MVC is a stronger conference.
ColonelFan123

Post by ColonelFan123 »

We got a commit from Eckerd College (D2) George Kimble. Sunshine State Conference freshman player of the year. Averaged 19.8 points and 4.6 assists last season.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

ColonelFan123 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:27 pm We got a commit from Eckerd College (D2) George Kimble. Sunshine State Conference freshman player of the year. Averaged 19.8 points and 4.6 assists last season.
That's so random. It's a really tiny school, but I have a relative who goes there currently. I also noticed off hand that Berea College played in a tournament of some sort on their campus last season (which seems a little odd since Berea is D3).

Sounds like a really nice get for us!
Rosie

Post by Rosie »

Sounds like a kid with exceptional character, too. https://www.eckerd.edu/news/blog/ultima ... imble-iii/
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

I'll add that he must truly value basketball more than his general lifestyle too, because with all due respect to our beloved city of Richmond, KY...Eckerd literally has private beach for students on campus. It's insane!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Just saw former Colonel Curt Lewis transferred from Missouri to ETSU.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Steve 82 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:14 pm Just saw former Colonel Curt Lewis transferred from Missouri to ETSU.
It's always a little disappointing to see a kid chase the Power Conference life only to land back in mid-major land...but somewhere else. I wonder if there was any attempt at all from either side to explore a reunion. He wouldn't have been the first player to return to his original school.
ohcolonel6

Post by ohcolonel6 »

You’re going to see this a lot more now too with guys going up to high majors due to the promise of NIL money. These guys largely all have agents now that essentially negotiate a check. They’ll go, get paid, it works out then great, if not- back to the minors so to speak.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

6'2" Fr guard from College of Charleston