Stetson

Steve 82

Stetson

Post by Steve 82 »

Undefeated in conference. A win puts us in a tie for first. Have OT wins against Lipscomb and UNA.
Colonel12

Re: Stetson

Post by Colonel12 »

Great first half. 48-30 EKU
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

A good first half up 48-30. They came out shooting hot just as they did against FGCU and playing great defense.
The onball defenders are really staying after the guards and man what a difference it is to have a rim protector like Cozart.
Let’s see if they can continue in the second half.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Stetson played better but the Colonels still win by 15.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Hard to remember a home stand better than the last three games. Now let’s take this show on the road and WIN!
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

These guys are starting to gel and there are many reasons. But a few of them I’d like to point out are:
1) Rebounding. Eastern out-rebounded a good Stetson team by 15 today! All through the Neubauer and McHale eras and the first 4 years of Hamilton, it appeared rebounding was never emphasized and we gave up too many second chance points and never got our fair share of them. It’s good to see its part of the game again.
2) Depth. Did anyone else notice that our number one scorer, Blanton, got off to a good start today, picked up a questionable 2nd foul early and was on the bench for the bulk of the first half. They still had an 18 point half time lead and shot well.
3) Defense. The guard play is slowly improving offensively. But defensively it’s really getting better. Plus, Cozart swatting away shots at the basket and getting better with each game is really fun to watch.
Sae

Post by Sae »

this team is playing well right now, if they keep this going we will be very dangerous in March
ColonelCrazy2011

Post by ColonelCrazy2011 »

ekubg wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:55 pm These guys are starting to gel and there are many reasons. But a few of them I’d like to point out are:
1) Rebounding. Eastern out-rebounded a good Stetson team by 15 today! All through the Neubauer and McHale eras and the first 4 years of Hamilton, it appeared rebounding was never emphasized and we gave up too many second chance points and never got our fair share of them. It’s good to see its part of the game again.
2) Depth. Did anyone else notice that our number one scorer, Blanton, got off to a good start today, picked up a questionable 2nd foul early and was on the bench for the bulk of the first half. They still had an 18 point half time lead and shot well.
3) Defense. The guard play is slowly improving offensively. But defensively it’s really getting better. Plus, Cozart swatting away shots at the basket and getting better with each game is really fun to watch.
BG i think you make some very good points! But i think the guard play has TREMENDOUSLY approved offensively. Look at Tayshawn & Leland over the last 3 games:
Vs Stetson: 15 assists and 5 turnovers. 3 to 1 ratio is unbelievable at the college level.
Vs FGCU: 13 assists and 4 turnovers.
Vs Liberty: 8 assists and 5 turnovers.
36 assists and only 14 turnovers from two TRUE freshman. That’s big time! Them passing the ball well is a huge reason why we’ve been shooting so well from 3.

Blanton the last two games, has struggled with fouls and scoring. Vs FGCU he scored his first points with 8 minutes left in the second half, we were already up 20. He sat the bench the whole first half because of a bad foul call like you said, and still up 18 at half.

Someone said earlier about the wins being the best home stretch and I’d agree.

This is a new era of college basketball with NIL and one time transfer rule. Coach Hamilton is our guy! He’s done tremendous. The guys are clearly meshing well at the right time. Weve played the other top 3 teams in conference already. I’m excited for these next 3 road games and to pack the house on the 28th vs Bellarmine.
ekubg

Post by ekubg »

I think you make good points about the improvement of Comer and Walker. Im just saying the last three games is a small sample size. These guys can go through the roof and have just started to tap into their potential. I hope they don’t have any setbacks, such as injuries or something.
Buttry was off offensively vs. Stetson, but he, too, has a very high potential.
Blanton will bounce back. It’s just good to see the other guys coming on when he has a couple off games.
I’m going to the Lipscomb game and look forward to seeing them in person.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

In person!!! Way better.. you’ll get to see the little things that one can’t see on the TV. Enjoy.. I have .. !