QUESTIONS FOR THE LUNCHEON

kernfan1990

QUESTIONS FOR THE LUNCHEON

Post by kernfan1990 »

"If the Internet has taught us anything, it's that sometimes it's easier to speak our minds anonymously." One of my favorite Ted Lasso quotes. So I will preface before I say this I cannot attend luncheons and ask questions because 1 I have a job and 2 this is what it is to be a fan in 2022 fellas especially in the mid major space. You have to speculate about who/what/when/why because there is not any in detail coverage of the goings on of our program day in and day out. Instead of just using my twitter fingers to bash coach I really would love someone from this great group here (I mean that, been on this board for years and love you guys) to ask these questions at the luncheon if you choose to attend and be bold enough to ask a head basketball about questionable coaching decisions to his face lol

Question 1: "According to kenpom.com as a team we have never been in the top 200 in effective field goal % on the defensive side. This is considered one of the biggest factors of determining an effective defense. So I guess my question is, do you think you are comfortable with surrendering this type of FG % to in tern get more possessions going forward? If so, are there any changes defensively within this scheme that can be worked on to improve the amount of open shots our opponents get from our style/pace?"

Question 2: "Are you concerned at all about your teams effectiveness coming out of timeouts? It seems from a fans perspective that we rarely get open shots or easy buckets coming out of a timeout. Often times in late game scenarios we seem out of sorts as well both offensively and defensively. Are timeouts structured a certain way that focus on plays/ X and O or more motivational or what?"

Question 3: "Statistically as a team EKU has actually struggled on offense once again according to kenpom.com. Only once in 4 years we have been in the top 200 in Adj offensive efficiency (determines overall effectiveness of offense) and we have been in the top 20 of Adj Tempo each year as well. That one time in 4 years was last year when the team had Wendell Green as well. Do you think that the tempo can stay at this pace moving for while getting better efficiency wise on the offensive end? If so, what do you see that needs to be adjusted to make that happen? If not, how can you slow the tempo at this point without losing everything we now stand on as a program?"

Question 4: "Speaking of Wendell Green, do you think personnel wise this team has what it needs to be effective in this system? It seems once again from a fans perspective that on the offensive end especially in the half court our team is relatively lost. Wendell at times had what it took to create a shot out of thin air, it seems we've lost that this year. Is this something you are working on in terms of guys getting their own shots late in the clock or are there any talks about adding in layers into the offense that may get us easier buckets in the half court?"

Tried not to speculate very much but really ask honest questions I have (none out of hate). And I might be out on my own out here with these questions but lord have mercy I had to get these thoughts out after stewing about last night lol

And fellas chill on the all black unis. Listen, I am a mid 30s man and I dont claim to know what is cool but I know those black unis are sick! And I know that these type of alternate jerseys are really cool for the players. I would change the colors to whatever the best players in KY want to wear to come to this school. Peace and Love.
BigDawgEKU

Re: QUESTIONS FOR THE LUNCHEON

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Something I would like him to address is why is Bennett not being used. I know conditioning is an issue and he does not necessarily fit our style of play but we need him on the floor even if it’s just 12 to 15 minutes a game. We have no paint presence and teams are just setting on the three point line. We have to establish some sort of scoring threat in the paint. Williams needs a few touches a game in the paint and so does Bennett.

I know Green is a massive loss but I think the biggest thing we are missing right now is King. We could dump the ball down to him and he could always get a few easy baskets a game in the paint. Plus teams had to double team him and that opened up some good looks from three when he would kick it out.