Bellarmine

Steve 82

Re: Bellarmine

Post by Steve 82 »

We have not shot well since before we played USC.

Moreno was shooting almost 50% from the floor before USC (44-89). Since that game and before tonight he is 14-46.
EKUfan

Post by EKUfan »

Bellarmine has a student enrollment of 2700, and yet they had a bigger crowd there than we can draw with our 15,000 student enrollment. And we practically give away our tickets.
Yes, we are 25 miles from UK, but they are 5 miles from U of L. What can we do?
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

EKUfan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm Bellarmine has a student enrollment of 2700, and yet they had a bigger crowd there than we can draw with our 15,000 student enrollment. And we practically give away our tickets.
Just got to consistently win games and people will jump on the bandwagon. We have not been able to do that. When we get big games at home, we got to consistently win them. We had some momentum last year but Covid kept fans away and we could not keep the momentum going this year. Despite being at the D2 level, Bellarmine was racking up wins year after year and playing in the tournament. It’s easy to show up and root for a winner. If we can ever put together a run and start winning big games at home, the students and fans will show up.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Braxton wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:16 pm Am I the only one who absolutely hates these jerseys? Looks like a practice jersey, can’t see the name, can’t see the number on the front, and the Big E looks terrible that big on the front compared to the number.
I don't love them, but I can live with one quirky alternate set. I will say that I feel like you can see the names just as good as you can on the home whites. I just can't decide if I like the name below the number thing...and why is it that way on the white/black sets but not the maroons?
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

EKUfan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:33 pm Is the big arena affecting our shooting? An air ball free throw, for god sake!
I said that out loud to my dad. Not only is it a big arena, but if you were there you can see they have most of the regular end zone seating not present for Bellarmine games. It's an insane amount of open space behind the goals.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Harveyh5 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 pm Down 2 on defense with 35 seconds to go. Then commit fouls to let Bellarmine end up with a 20 second clock and only 26.1 left in the game. Wow.
I think they did this because the alternative was worse. We weren't at the limit, and we knew we might need to put them on the line to have any chance at all. Even before we did this I was thinking we should.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BigDawgEKU wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:04 pm I said it at the end of last year and it will be the same at the end of this year, AW badly needs to bring in a coach the can draw up plays. We have too many possessions on offense that are garbage and end up with rushed threes or contested threes. It results in the other team going on runs and failures at the end of the games. When we need a basket, he struggles to come up with plays that can get it.
100%. Scotty Davenport coached circles around him tonight. It was a clinic.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

EKUfan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm Bellarmine has a student enrollment of 2700, and yet they had a bigger crowd there than we can draw with our 15,000 student enrollment. And we practically give away our tickets.
That was by far their biggest crowd of the season. They were talking about it on the radio post-game show. They had half-price tickets available, and you had a decent EKU turnout. With that said, they do pretty well for a school their size, and they built a lot of momentum during their last fifteen years as an elite D2 powerhouse. They were annually in the top 10 of D2 attendance nationally.

You're selling us a little short at 15,000 too. We're over 16,000, and at one point it was like 17,000. But our attendance has looked pretty solid this year to me, and football had its best season in decades.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:06 pm We have not shot well since before we played USC.

Moreno was shooting almost 50% from the floor before USC (44-89). Since that game and before tonight he is 14-46.
Moreno, Robb, and Beverly combined for 7 points. It's amanzing it ended up being a close game. Hats off to Williams and Cruickshank who played great games for us.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

EKU05 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:16 pm
That was by far their biggest crowd of the season. They were talking about it on the radio post-game show. They had half-price tickets available, and you had a decent EKU turnout. With that said, they do pretty well for a school their size, and they built a lot of momentum during their last fifteen years as an elite D2 powerhouse. They were annually in the top 10 of D2 attendance nationally.

You're selling us a little short at 15,000 too. We're over 16,000, and at one point it was like 17,000. But our attendance has looked pretty solid this year to me, and football had its best season in decades.
Actually, we are down to about 14,500 because of Covid. As I watched the game last night, I could not escape the feeling that Bellarmine looked like Belmont. Well coached and played smart.