Mayo

g--

Re: Mayo

Post by g-- »

‏ This is from @EKUHoops

#NBASummerLeague debut for @1nmay0:
- Got the start
- Played 26 minutes (second most on the team)
-10 points
- 5 rebounds (tied for team high)
- 5 assists (team high)
-2 steals (team high)
-106-79 win over the Lakers

The stat I find amazing is Mayo got more assists than the team’s point guard.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Interestingly in the second game he played only seven minutes and scored 2 points in an 89-88 win over Kyle Guy and the Sacramento Kings.
g--

Post by g-- »

Where did you get the stats? I tried to look it up on the Summer League 2019 Stats website but they don’t include Mayo’s stats for some reason;

https://www.nba.com/summerleague/2019/s ... sacramento
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

He is getting ready to play again against the Warriors. He is not starting but the game is on NBA TV and ESPN 3.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Heat play today against China at 5:30 on ESPNU. Mayo only played 5 minutes last game. Hopefully he gets more time today.
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Yeah he’s gotta get more than 5 minutes to get in a flow, been pulling for him. Today starts the meat of the short Summer League, which is the final 7 days and 9-10 games per day. Here’s the schedule.

https://www.nba.com/scores#/
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Great game from Mayo. Finished with 20 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assist and 2 steals. Had a couple nice dunks.

Seth Greenberg was on the call and said Mayo “looks like he belongs.” Greenberg also hyped up the OVC and mentioned AW. If Mayo can put together another game or two like today, I think it would be hard for the Heat not to give him at least a spot on their G league roster.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BigDawgEKU wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:43 pm Great game from Mayo. Finished with 20 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assist and 2 steals. Had a couple nice dunks.

Seth Greenberg was on the call and said Mayo “looks like he belongs.” Greenberg also hyped up the OVC and mentioned AW. If Mayo can put together another game or two like today, I think it would be hard for the Heat not to give him at least a spot on their G league roster.
It doesn't have to be the heat. He'll be a free agent after the Summer League ends, and it happens to multiple players every year that they played for one team in the summer and end up with another.

I don't think there's any question he can at least be in the G-League if he wants to. Remember that most G-League players are not directly signed to a particular NBA team (some are). But the big question for Nick if he doesn't make an NBA roster isn't CAN he play in the G-League. It will be if he WANTS to play in the G-League. While it may offer a more clear-cut shot term path to the NBA, the G-League pays a whole lot less than many foreign pro leagues he could certainly manage to get into. It will be interesting to see how things unfold.

My prediction is that he's on an NBA roster this coming season at some point.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

For anyone who wants to catch our guys in action Walden and the Raptors play at 7pm tonight on ESPNU and Mayo and the Heat play tomorrow and 4pm on ESPN2.