#12 Kansas State

Colonel12

#12 Kansas State

Post by Colonel12 »

Looking at their 2 games so far and they seem beatable.

They beat a bad Kennesaw state team by 15 and barely beat Denver by 8.

If we can play smart, limit turnovers, and get the ball to Mayo we could see another Miami game.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
BigDawgEKU

Re: #12 Kansas State

Post by BigDawgEKU »

I would be really shocked if we beat K State. They return all their starters from their Elite 8 team last year. They also have a talented big man, Dean Wade, that can at least keep Mayo in check and not let him score 40. We are also not anywhere near as deep and talented as the team that went to Miami and pulled the big upset.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

BigDawgEKU wrote:I would be really shocked if we beat K State. They return all their starters from their Elite 8 team last year. They also have a talented big man, Dean Wade, that can at least keep Mayo in check and not let him score 40. We are also not anywhere near as deep and talented as the team that went to Miami and pulled the big upset.
Let's not forget that bracket they were in was the same bracket that Loyola Chicago and umbc cut up. Their toughest opponent was kentucky in that tourney.

They do not score a lot of points. They scored 64 and 56 in their 2 games. We have the potential to score a lot any given game.

I'm not saying we will win but I def think there is a chance. K state could over look us. We could get hot from 3. Anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
colonel 31

Post by colonel 31 »

Colonels find a way to win 79-78 we will wear them out in the last 8 minutes
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

colonel 31 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm Colonels find a way to win 79-78 we will wear them out in the last 8 minutes
I'm reserving judgement on whether or not we win this particular game against a pretty good team, but I think you're right in terms of how we will get at least some of our wins this year. It wouldn't surprise me that much if we often trail early in any number of games that we ultimately win. We play a pretty relentless style, and we have a decent number of bodies to throw at opposing teams. I think wearing teams down and beating them late is definitely a way we can win some games against teams that may have more talent than we do.
colonel 31

Post by colonel 31 »

Our up tempo game is going to give our opponents fits. The UTC players were wore out in the last 4 minutes one UTC player fouled out and could barely make it back to the bench. This why I predicted the win against Kansas State.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

I think some of you are overlooking K State and overrating were we are right now. K State returns all their starters from a 25 win team that went to the Elite 8 and are picked to finish second in the Big 12 this year. They have two players that have a chance to get drafted next year in Sneed and Wade and another fringe NBA player in Brown. We are coming off an 11 win season with a new coach and several new inexperienced players. I just don't see an upset happening. A win over K State would be huge for Hamilton and this program though. I think if we can keep it within a 15 point game would be a good performance but hopefully I am wrong and you guys are right and we pull the upset.

I think we have a better chance of winning our second game in the tournament against possibly UNI. If we can't beat the loser of the UNI/Penn game, we would likely play Kennesaw state in the final game and should be able to win that.
colonel 31

Post by colonel 31 »

if we won 2 out of 3 games that would be very great
g--

Post by g-- »

I know some people have been wondering, where is Dan McHale.

He’s doing a talk hoops weekly radio segment on @ESPNRadio Lexington.

https://twitter.com/CoachMcHale
g--

Post by g-- »

The paradise jam twitter page;

https://twitter.com/paradisejam

The paradise jam web page;

https://basketballtravelers.com/sports/ ... teams.aspx