Kentucky Christian

Sae

Re: Kentucky Christian

Post by Sae »

thanks for the updates, could not really justify to the wife a 2 hour drive each way for an exhibition
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

No Bradshaw tonight...Anderson played well. The FT and our D have to improve! We do have some talent, cant wait to see how much this team can improve by mid season!
g--

Post by g-- »

Bradshaw can’t play until next semester.

I estimate about 1,000 in attendance.

I was not impressed tonight at all.

Offense:
EKU has way too many ball hogs, there is very little passing, players take too many bad shots.

Defense:
EKU had just about zero effort on defense. We let Kentucky Christian take way too many easy baskets. Sometimes their shooters were so wide open even a grade school girl could have scored against EKU.

One last comment – I think the "new tradition” of standing until EKU scores is a really, really bad idea. In short – I hate it.

Please let me know if you disagree.
Last edited by g-- on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I think that tradition sounds awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
g--

Post by g-- »

The starters tonight were;
1. Weaver
2. Robinson
3. Boughton
4. Oakley
5. Mayo

I really liked the way Anderson played but I’m not sure how playing against this team will translate to playing against OVC teams.

The two kings and Brown need a couple years to develop into OVC level players.

Hobbs was injured in the first half. I don’t think he returned for the second half.

These are the only 10 players we have right now.
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

I was hoping to see a much improved defense or at least a much improved defensive effort! The past few years was simply not good! I know defense ain't sexy and can be down right boring...but it wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Hopefully this team can improve their defensive effort and move forward as the season progresses!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Don't tell Michigan defense wins championships. They'll raise you a Villanova.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 pm This might be the first college game these refs have ever call. Too much tick-tack fouls both ways. Game has never had any rhythm.
Yeah. The refs insisted on making the game about them, instead of letting the players play. When Anderson was called for his 2nd foul, I didn't see a KCC player within 15 ft of him.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

This may be the worst defense I've seen from an EKU team (half court and getting back on D). Giving up 92 pts against KCC is inexcusable. And they were sloppy with the ball, especially the first half. The one bright spot was Anderson. He's really improved. Anderson was the best player on the court tonight. Of Eastern's forwards, he's the quickest, most agile, best on defensive, and most aggressive without making stupid fouls. Plus, he's the best shooter on the team, and not sloppy with the ball. Granted he needs a few pounds.

Unless Eastern can figure out how to play defense, I'm afraid they're going to have trouble beating any D1 team this year. I really expected better.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

g-- wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:45 pm Bradshaw can’t play until next semester.

I estimate about 1,000 in attendance.

I was not impressed tonight at all.

Offense:
EKU has way too many ball hogs, there is very little passing, players take too many bad shots.

Defense:
EKU had just about zero effort on defense. We let Kentucky Christian take way too many easy baskets. Sometimes their shooters were so wide open even a grade school girl could have scored against EKU.

One last comment – I think the "new tradition” of standing until EKU scores is a really, really bad idea. In short – I hate it.

Please let me know if you disagree.
I disagree...