Jackson Davis

Maroon Forever

Jackson Davis

Post by Maroon Forever »

What’s his status?
bill54

Re: Jackson Davis

Post by bill54 »

Maroon Forever wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:16 pm What’s his status?
Does anybody have an update on all the injured players? I think 4 of them were injured during the Costa Rica trip.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Here’s the answer. Sorry to learn this.

EKU’S JACKSON DAVIS TO TAKE MEDICAL DISQUALIFICATION

August 27, 2018
For Immediate Release

RICHMOND, Ky. – Following consultation with team doctors, Eastern Kentucky University redshirt senior forward Jackson Davis will take a medical disqualification and retire from college basketball, head coach A.W. Hamilton announced on Monday.

Davis will remain on scholarship and continue to work towards his degree at EKU.

“We are sad about the news on Jackson Davis,” Hamilton said. “Jackson is a tremendous young man, and he has had a great career on the hardwood. However, we all understand his health is most important. We will continue to support Jackson in the classroom and we look forward to seeing him graduate from EKU this May with a degree in general business.”

Davis transferred to EKU from Butler in 2016. The Lexington, Kentucky native averaged 8.2 points and 4.7 rebounds-per-game last season before suffering a season-ending injury in January.

Before committing to Butler, Davis was one of the top prep players in Kentucky at nearby Lafayette High School. He was named first team all-state and one of seven finalists for Kentucky’s “Mr. Basketball” honor following a senior season in which he averaged 24.6 points and 13.8 rebounds-per-game.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

Aww man, that’s terrible. Hope the best for him. Glad to see he remains on scholarship and will graduate.

Going to be a blow to the depth. Was hoping he could contribute some good minutes this year.
g--

Post by g-- »

I feel sorry for Davis - he seemed like a nice kid and looked like he could help the team.

On an unrelated subject - where did the scholarship come from for the walk-on which was given this past week? There are only 13 basketball scholarships allowed. This makes 14.

Also, it was 6 scholarship players who were injured during the Costa Rica trip not 4.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

g-- wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:24 pm I feel sorry for Davis - he seemed like a nice kid and looked like he could help the team.

On an unrelated subject - where did the scholarship come from for the walk-on which was given this past week? There are only 13 basketball scholarships allowed. This makes 14.

Also, it was 6 scholarship players who were injured during the Costa Rica trip not 4.
Davis’ scholarship no longer counts towards the limit which opened up the one scholarship.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

g-- wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:24 pm I feel sorry for Davis - he seemed like a nice kid and looked like he could help the team.

I'm only speculating here, but it is possibly from Davis? I'd say it's possible that this medical disqualification thing allows us to honor his scholarship while avoiding having it count against the limit. Otherwise I'm not sure why a special designation would even be necessary.

But to reiterate...I'm not entirely sure about any of that.