Next Year!

Colonel12

Re: Next Year!

Post by Colonel12 »

smidge34 wrote:
dljordaneku wrote:
Sae wrote: I love how the one guy claims McHale cheats and everyone knows it. If he cheats like the claim, he's not good at it considering we haven't been to the OVC tourney.
I think they need to go back and look at the media poll. One guy said it was done by journalist who don't know Morehead. Well here are the ones who voted.

Pollsters for the 2017-18 OVC Media Poll included: Catlin Bogard, OVC Ball; Mike Bradd, Eastern Illinois Radio; Neal Bradley, Murray State Radio; Rob Calhoun, Eastern Illinois Radio; Edward Marlowe, Paducah Sun; Mike Organ, The Tennessean; Justin Rust, Journal Gazette/Times-Courier; Harry Schroeder, ValleyHoopsInsider.com; Greg Stotelmyer, Eastern Kentucky Sports Network.

Humm. I think these folks know the league pretty good. The coaches and SIDs also voted them ninth. I think that's two groups that know Morehead pretty good.

dj
There are a couple of complete buffoons on that list, as well as some in the know. I love Catlin for his selflessness in financing OVCBall, but to anoint him or Ed Marlowe of the Paducah Sun as some kind of OVC gurus is pure comedy lmao. I always get a good laugh when g-- points to something OVCBall said as if it's Gospel when in reality he's just a local network news producer who decided one day while at WPSD in Paducah that he would start a bball site about the conference. I could do that lol. Trust me, there is as much knowledge and a lot more to be found among some of our message board participants.
I'm guessing because he is a nobody that's why he gets media passes and invites from the OVC? He has connections that nobody's like us don't have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Colonel12 wrote:I'm guessing because he is a nobody that's why he gets media passes and invites from the OVC? He has connections that nobody's like us don't have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
You better come bigger than that bro. I'll bet you a Ben Franklin I can call the SID, including your's, of 80% of D1 basketball teams in the country and get a court side media pass. It's not that big of a deal to decide one day you're a sports journalist, call up a local SID or the OVC and request media credentials just like I did in the 2000s. Since that's your yardstick then I too must be an "expert" since I've held a conference media pass and sat courtside at every OVC venue, as well as being invited to multiple conference functions. Trust me, that doesn't mean jack. Some of the dumbest people I know are journalists.
g--

Post by g-- »

Smidge, it’s lucky for you that basketball starts soon – you guys aren’t doing very well in football.

This is the most complete OVC write-up I’ve seen so far;

4. Eastern Kentucky- After two trying years plagued by injuries and far worse (see Jaylen Babb-Harrison), Dan McHale might finally have the roster and depth to fully implement his Pitino-esque zone trap defense. Offensively, EKU will revolve around Nick Mayo, who has a chance to be the most devastating matchup problem in the league. At an athletic 6-foot-9, Mayo can score at all three levels and protect the rim on the back end of McHale's pressure schemes. Mayo was absolutely phenomenal in the month of February, and if the end to his sophomore season was a glimpse into this year, he'll be one of the best mid-major bigs in the country. McHale can pair Mayo with former Butler three-star recruit Jackson Davis in the frontcourt to give the Colonels unparalleled athleticism at the 4 and 5, and DeAndre Dishman is McHale's best overall defender; he can play either position behind Mayo and Davis or even shift to the 3 in a bigger lineup. Throw Zach Charles (who had an under the radar efficient season on both ends) into the frontcourt mix, and suddenly EKU rivals JSU for the league's best interior. The backcourt returns high-scoring sophomore point guard Asante Gist, who probably doesn't have to lead the league in shot rate and usage rate this year. In fact, if Gist does dominate the ball again, EKU probably doesn't improve upon last year's second to worst offensive efficiency rating in OVC play. Dujuanta Weaver returns from injury and provides a secondary ball handler and excellent on-ball defense. Off the ball, McHale will rely on two freshmen, Peyton Broughton and Dedric Boyd, to shoulder the load. Boyd is a three-star recruit who will probably start from day one. With Gist at the point and the outstanding interchangeable inside/out frontcourt duo of Mayo and Davis, it would be a major disappointment if Dan McHale's squad isn't at least a fringe OVC title contender.

https://www.sportsaction.io/blog/colleg ... io-valley/
smidge34

Post by smidge34 »

Good one g--, I'm crushed that we don't care much about investing in the equivalent of JV football down this way :D .