DB/Special Teams Coach Departing

Steve 82

DB/Special Teams Coach Departing

Post by Steve 82 »

eku022

Re: DB/Special Teams Coach Departing

Post by eku022 »

Interesting...I'm not mad about it...... Teams were averaging over 300+ yards through the air according to the stat sheet.

That may not be his fault but a systematic/scheme problem.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Biggest issue was press coverage not being used at right times. It seemed like the pass D just never stepped up late in game situations when the rush D was getting pressure, etc. QBs had time to get rid of the ball because no one was jamming the WRs at the line and throwing off timing. They were just getting chunks and moving the chains, then we would move up and press, by then they would beat us off the line and over the top for big gains. I just hated the timing of the schemes. Seemed out of wack more often than not. I wish him well though.
Sae

Post by Sae »

good luck to him, I will say we have lost multiple games on Special Teams and in pass coverage over the last few years, sounds like a change at this spot may not be a bad thing.
Braxton

Post by Braxton »

Good riddance.

One problem gone. Many more remain.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

we are about to find out if the d line scheme is the issue or not. We don't get much pressure on the qb unless its a blitz due to how our d lineman play the run (unless an obvious passing down).

If we go this year with giving up that many yards, we know the answer. I hope it was the dbs/coaching and not d line so our defense will be better lol.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

New secondary coach. Was DC at Tuskeegee. Prior HC experience as well.