Vacations Over: Fire JJ Now!

EKU05

Re: Vacations Over: Fire JJ Now!

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel12 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:59 pm Or both AD and Walt don't have the guts to do the right thing until the program crumbles
That's certainly possible.

But being an AD is tricky. Once you become the AD who starts dictating staff decisions head coaches, there's not closing the door you opened, and it probably makes you less desirable to work for. If we do eventually move on from Walt it could negatively affect the candidate pool.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

They also need to evaluate some other internal positions such as recruiting. I’m hearing on campus recruiting director is unhappy for some reason. They got some stuff going on that Coach Wells needs to get a handle on it sounds like.
eku022

Post by eku022 »

How involved are Football alum and boosters? Does Roan and Walt get outside unbiased commentary or do they live in an echo chamber?
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

eku022 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:11 am How involved are Football alum and boosters? Does Roan and Walt get outside unbiased commentary or do they live in an echo chamber?
They DO get unbiased opinions but it’s a question of which ones they listen to. So there is some echo effect. Boosters and alumni are very involved but like any program, money talks more many times. I suspect that much of the money talking also is away from here and may not get true football on the ground feedback to allow them to push for their money to be better spent. That’s my unvarnished opinion.