OL Stony Brook
Steve 82

Re: Transfer Portal News

Post by Steve 82 »

eku022

Post by eku022 »

Steve 82 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:23 pm
Yea that's unfortunate but its apart of the game now. NCAA should be making rules around the portal to limit the excessive transferring as much as possible. The QB from Washington State has transferred 3 times already.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:02 pm
Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:59 pm Where is Smith going? Can’t figure out from his post. I agree we will continue to lose good players, especially until they feel well-coached.
We'll see if someone picks him up. Right now he has just entering the portal.
Got an offer from UTEP which has APSU's old HC.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Even though I hate it when guys leave eku, if they are going fbs with a good chance of starting, I’m really happy for them. A lot of good hs players are being pushed down to Fcs due to the portal and nil keeping guys in college longer.

Outside of the top 3-5 programs, a team could rise to dominance so fast if they snag some hs talent they usually wouldn’t get and strike gold in the portal. Fingers crossed eku does
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

eku022

Post by eku022 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:48 pm Even though I hate it when guys leave eku, if they are going fbs with a good chance of starting, I’m really happy for them. A lot of good hs players are being pushed down to Fcs due to the portal and nil keeping guys in college longer.

Outside of the top 3-5 programs, a team could rise to dominance so fast if they snag some hs talent they usually wouldn’t get and strike gold in the portal. Fingers crossed eku does
Thats a really good point. I wonder if kids will still choose to go to a JUCO. At this point there really isn't a need.
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

eku022 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am
BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:48 pm Even though I hate it when guys leave eku, if they are going fbs with a good chance of starting, I’m really happy for them. A lot of good hs players are being pushed down to Fcs due to the portal and nil keeping guys in college longer.

Thats a really good point. I wonder if kids will still choose to go to a JUCO. At this point there really isn't a need.
There are still only so many roster spots/spots on the field at any given time. Whichever kids don't get one may still take the JuCo route. It can also be a chance to get your academic ducks in a row.