Transfer Portal News

ekupops

Re: Transfer Portal News

Post by ekupops »

So if my math is correct we are losing at least 12 players give or take one or two. I am ignorant of this specific situation, is that an inordinate number for our team to lose.
Go Colonels!
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

ekupops wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:54 pm So if my math is correct we are losing at least 12 players give or take one or two. I am ignorant of this specific situation, is that an inordinate number for our team to lose.
Was trying to find the number from last year. Thought I read we lost 17 to the portal.
Biggest one was Higgins.
neugie

Post by neugie »

its a shame we cant lose some defensive coaches to the transfer portal
bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

Thanks for notes on Seniors.

Any word on being able to keep Oline intact?

Thoughts on next QB?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Wells said in post game that they will look to the portal to add a QB to compete with the ones currently on the roster. No info on o-line right now.
eku022

Post by eku022 »

neugie wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:24 pm its a shame we cant lose some defensive coaches to the transfer portal
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You're completely correct. Wasted Parker's last two years because of the Defense.
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

Steve 82 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:58 pm Wells said in post game that they will look to the portal to add a QB to compete with the ones currently on the roster. No info on o-line right now.
Any O line pickups need to be road graders. We absolutely need the run game to step up a notch and keep the D off the field for breathers. As it stands right now, Hergott is unproven. At this stage, I would have liked to have seen him develop just a slight more touch on his passes. Good arm but tends to rocket it when a softer touch is needed. I do like his ability to scramble and make plays. Also wouldn’t hurt to look at the Geiger kid who hit the portal from UK. Much needed length, good closing speed, good nose for the ball. Durability seemed to be his only issue there.
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

DannyHopesGhost wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:45 pm
Steve 82 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:58 pm Wells said in post game that they will look to the portal to add a QB to compete with the ones currently on the roster. No info on o-line right now.
Any O line pickups need to be road graders. We absolutely need the run game to step up a notch and keep the D off the field for breathers. As it stands right now, Hergott is unproven. At this stage, I would have liked to have seen him develop just a slight more touch on his passes. Good arm but tends to rocket it when a softer touch is needed. I do like his ability to scramble and make plays. Also wouldn’t hurt to look at the Geiger kid who hit the portal from UK. Much needed length, good closing speed, good nose for the ball. Durability seemed to be his only issue there.
Here is a possible QB Luke Duby in the portal from Cornell he is from Lexington and played at Tates Creek
DannyHopesGhost

Post by DannyHopesGhost »

That would be an excellent pickup. I know that Walt wanted to keep an eye on the portal for QB competition for the current roster.
FormerColonel08

Post by FormerColonel08 »

I am just curious.

Why so high on the kid from Cornell other than him being a local kid? He wasn’t even the starter at Cornell who won 3 games.