Tarleton St

Steve 82

Tarleton St

Post by Steve 82 »

Tarleton St is 4-2

Wins against SW Baptist, SE Louisiana, McNeese St and UNA
Losses to Texas Tech and. Southern Utah.

Could be another track meet. Lots of RPO action from Tarleton.

Thoughts?
ColonelFan22

Re: Tarleton St

Post by ColonelFan22 »

Play tough DEFENSE, we win.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

This is a big game for EKU. We can drop one game in conference as long as its not UCA. Get a win here and we are in the drivers seat.

Tarleton has a TON of FBS transfers so they got some talent. Need to play smart football and we come out on top.
bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

Is it me or did the air go out of our excitement for this year after the UC embarrassment and then the WCU loss? Just feels like we aren’t bantering back and forth as we have in the past.

This Homecoming is no gimme. Got to step up our defense and need PM to find his magic!

Let’s roll!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I think I could agree with that statement. For me personally, it just feels like there is always a lot of hype around us and then we lay down. I never expected us to beat Cincy but my goodness didn't expect that either.

IF we win tomorrow I think there will be more excitement around the program but that is a big IF right now.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Jazzman1522

Post by Jazzman1522 »

bigchill64 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:13 pm Is it me or did the air go out of our excitement for this year after the UC embarrassment and then the WCU loss? Just feels like we aren’t bantering back and forth as we have in the past.

This Homecoming is no gimme. Got to step up our defense and need PM to find his magic!

Let’s roll!
I think having such high expectations going into this season and then starting out 0-3 sucked the air out of everything. I also think that it was a very deceptive 0-3. Losing to Cincinnati and Kentucky was not at all unreasonable (Though I think we all expected more of a fight against Cincy) and it turns out Western Carolina is really good. At the time of that game, though, we probably all had it circled as a win since that team's historically been an FCS doormat. The nature of that loss, with the defense giving up a late TD AGAIN and the dropped game winner, was extra deflating. With hindsight, I don't think things are nearly as dire as they looked after that but it might take another win or two to reset the hype.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

EKU is an 8 point favorite per Ceasars.
Westside

Post by Westside »

Steve 82 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:27 pm EKU is an 8 point favorite per Ceasars.
With this defense, I'd like to get some of that action.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Learned something today. We give up more yards passing per game (more than 300) than any other team in FCS. Either we cannot recruit defensive players or we cannot coach them. I go with the latter. Watching the game from home. Defense sucking again.