Kennesaw State

Steve 82

Kennesaw State

Post by Steve 82 »

Who's ready to suit up and play after this video?
martinhall1966

Re: Kennesaw State

Post by martinhall1966 »

Thank you for forwarding this video. It reminds us of why we are on The Forum! My wife and I shivered through games in the 60's at Old Hangar and we will be at RKS today! Nothing like it! Go Colonels!
Braxton

Post by Braxton »

Looks like our defense has their hands full again. 2 drives, 2 scores.

Let’s go offense, carry us again.
- FIRE JAKE JOHNSON -
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

In all my days watching EKU play... I have never seen our defense this bad! :( :oops:

Something gotta change...this is terrible!!! :!:
Westside

Post by Westside »

EKULFan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:54 pm In all my days watching EKU play... I have never seen our defense this bad! :( :oops:

Something gotta change...this is terrible!!! :!:
I agree.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

We need to be bigger and more talented on the line.

We had two D players back that had not played in 5 games.

Our scheme against power running is not the best IMHO.

Managed to get the W.
bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

Again I am not a football guru when it comes to schemes but we do not attack on the dline at all they catch and get knocked off the ball a lot.

It’s hard to criticize offense when we average almost 35 points a game but I don’t see alot of aggression from our online either.

Again IMO.

Very happy we won excited to see if we can get to playoffs. One of our toughest schedules in a long time short of Covid season which is what we have all wanted.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

bigchill64 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:57 pm Again I am not a football guru when it comes to schemes but we do not attack on the dline at all they catch and get knocked off the ball a lot.

It’s hard to criticize offense when we average almost 35 points a game but I don’t see alot of aggression from our online either.

Again IMO.

Very happy we won excited to see if we can get to playoffs. One of our toughest schedules in a long time short of Covid season which is what we have all wanted.
Agree. Better line work on both sides. It has been that way for a long time.
Sae

Post by Sae »

just made it home, that was a cold day when the sun went behind the stadium
Jazzman1522

Post by Jazzman1522 »

Watching that game was an experience. My 7 year old daughter came down to the basement multiple times to chide me for yelling too loud.

I loved watching the offense work and I thought it was great that we kept our foot on the gas and stayed aggressive. KSU's offense is plenty conservative, no need to help them out. Parker McKinney continues to be the man. I'm bummed that he doesn't get the attention he deserves because of some other quarterbacks putting up real gaudy numbers.

I do want to give the defense credit. They've struggled against the run all year, so I was nervous about dealing with KSU's offense, and they did struggle. But they did enough by getting those stops in the second quarter and then winning the game on thar last drive. I thought for sure they were gonna blow it after they gave up the 4th and 22 but they buckled down and got the next one. After seeing them blow it on the last drive against Indiana State last year and Sam Houston this year, it's been nice to see them hang on for wins tonight and against UNA.

It felt real weird to root for Jacksonville State tonight, but they got the job done. Wish I knew when those power rankings would be out to confirm what everyone seems to think, that we're finally back in the playoffs after 8 long years.