Rumor mill starting early...

EKU05

Re: Rumor mill starting early...

Post by EKU05 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:50 pm Unfortunately all signs point to wku staying in cusa and Missouri state gets the 12th spot
Absolutely on Missouri State. But I'm still seeing buzz that WKU to the MAC is an ongoing discussion that could go either way. What has led you to believe it isn't happening?

But the other question is...if not WKU or Missouri State, who does the MAC add? Maybe Illinois State, but I'm also reading that Delaware was blindsided by UMass going to the MAC. Would they pay the very small exit fee to join them there?

Beyond that, many still believe they will go to 14 eventually. We just need to stay in the top two long enough to get one of those spots which may mean fending off programs like UTRGV or SFA if they catch up.
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

Matt brown posted a new article. Not much but saying MAC would now have to try to persuade WKU to leave CUSA now.

MAC is unlikely to go after an FCS college in the near future. CUSA expansion has the usual suspects of Tarleton, Mo State, and EKU
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:49 am Matt brown posted a new article. Not much but saying MAC would now have to try to persuade WKU to leave CUSA now.

MAC is unlikely to go after an FCS college in the near future. CUSA expansion has the usual suspects of Tarleton, Mo State, and EKU
100% they'd have to be persuaded. The situation is not the same as last time.

As far as the suspects, I will be very surprised if it's not Missouri State.

But the question remains...who *does* the MAC end up getting? Do they have any non-FCS options? Are they willing to stick at an awkward thirteen? Would Delaware jump ship, and would they view that as an FCS add since they've already announced their move up (and have a nice distinction of being a state flagship).
BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

MAC- I honestly have no idea. I understand if they don't want an FCS call up right now but that could easily change in the future. Honestly, more time works out for EKU. New bball arena, medical school, if enrollment keeps growing plays to our favor, if RKS gets funded sometime before end of 2026. I've seen Illinois State, Rhode Island, and for some odd reason U Albany as options for FCS outside of us. URI is the only one I would be worried about. UCONN is the only FBS school but they won't join cause of bball. No others make any bit of sense.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

Found this on the UNA board. Publics getting frustrated wth the privates in the SOCON?
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

BleedMaroon

Post by BleedMaroon »

I hope this means Nova Southeastern. In Ft Laud area and would fit nicely with Stetson, JU, and FGCU. Powerhouse D 2 program
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

I'm intrigued with the potential of CAA schools joining. Add a couple of football schools.
Lion1983

Post by Lion1983 »

BleedMaroon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am I hope this means Nova Southeastern. In Ft Laud area and would fit nicely with Stetson, JU, and FGCU. Powerhouse D 2 program
What about the CAA part?
Lion1983

Post by Lion1983 »

Steve 82 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 am I'm intrigued with the potential of CAA schools joining. Add a couple of football schools.
Or one Football and Charleston...