Murray Game Thread!

EKULFan

Re: Murray Game Thread!

Post by EKULFan »

Not going back to da Hood...no more Hope for me...and the Elder's don't seem to be wise enough for the OVC! Lets just roll the dice and start from scratch...one more time!
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

msuowns wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:26 pm
bigchill64 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm Speaking of Hope, is there any way we could bring Danny Hope back to this program?

I am at a loss at how lethargic we seemed to be.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Facebook says that either the page no longer exists, or the link is broken, or that I do not have permission to see it.

On another note, your username was frustratingly appropriate today. 😖
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

We have the real possibility of being outscored for the season on our home field.
jrw77

Post by jrw77 »

EKU football possibly the worst coached team in FCS. These coaches need to coach junior high or find another profession. If Lochmueller hires another person to drag EKU football lower, he needs to go too.
g--

Post by g-- »

By the middle of the first quarter the Murray defense looked so much like a bad high school team I told people sitting in my row this would be an easy EKU win. The longer the game went on, the better the Murray defense looked.

I figure the only explanation is one of the following;

1. The EKU players are so horribly out of shape they slow down as the game goes on.
2. The EKU coaching is so bad the opposing coach can, over time; figure out what the EKU team is going to do before they do it.
3. EKU gets behind a touchdown or two and the players give up.
4. The EKU coach is throwing games because he’s betting big money on the opposing team.

By the end of the game it looked like there were more Murray fans in the stadium than EKU fans.

Sadly - EKU football is dead! What I don’t understand is why.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

g-- wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:48 pm By the middle of the first quarter the Murray defense looked so much like a bad high school team I told people sitting in my row this would be an easy EKU win. The longer the game went on, the better the Murray defense looked.

1. The EKU players are so horribly out of shape they slow down as the game goes on.
2. The EKU coaching is so bad the opposing coach can, over time; figure out what the EKU team is going to do before they do it.
4. The EKU coach is throwing games because he’s betting big money on the opposing team.

By the end of the game it looked like there were more Murray fans in the stadium than EKU fans.

I think it’s 2 and 3, but mostly 2. When did you ever see a Roy Kidd, Danny Hope, or Dean Hood team quit?
EKULFan

Post by EKULFan »

Maroon Forever wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 pm
g-- wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:48 pm By the middle of the first quarter the Murray defense looked so much like a bad high school team I told people sitting in my row this would be an easy EKU win. The longer the game went on, the better the Murray defense looked.

I think it’s 2 and 3, but mostly 2. When did you ever see a Roy Kidd, Danny Hope, or Dean Hood team quit?
I was never a Hope or Hood fan, but for sure, their teams NEVER quit! This team appears to have talent but they just can't seem to fight back when they get knocked down! My opinion for that is coaching...and this staff is lacking in almost every phase! The MSU D Coordinator is an old EKU Alum and he made us (more accurately our staff) look bad today! Something has to be done at the conclusion of this season! It's hard enough to get fans/students enthused and to games and this staff is driving the bus off the road so badly that it may take years to get this program back on track!
bigchill64

Post by bigchill64 »

What’s sad is one of our own kicked our ass today. You know what good for him. Elder from the beginning ran off anyone with ties to the history of EKU. Jake would of made us a hell of a lot better.
ColonelForever

Post by ColonelForever »

bigchill64 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 pm What’s sad is one of our own kicked our ass today. You know what good for him. Elder from the beginning ran off anyone with ties to the history of EKU. Jake would of made us a hell of a lot better.
Couldn’t agree more there.
martinhall1966

Post by martinhall1966 »

I decided on my drive back to Ohio last night that I should take a step back and look at the big picture of the state of our Colonel football program. I did so because I cannot drink enough bourbon to ease the pain. My friends and family buy me the
good stuff and it gets expensive. I made mistakes in hiring people in 31 years in the banking business. I hired people who couldn't do what they said they could. They became burdens until we fired them. President Benson and our Board of Regents are visionary leaders. They understand that hiring people is sometimes a crap shoot. They know mistakes were made in hiring Elder. There is an obvious problem when a team plays well against FBS competition and implodes during conference play, has top recruiting classes that don't improve, and has lopsided losses in their own house. I trust our university leadership to deal with this situation. I hope they do so soon after this season is over. I will continue to go to RKS and stay as long as my stomach can take it. Go Colonels!