Bowling Green

bill54

Re: Bowling Green

Post by bill54 »

Once again Eastern played hard enough and well enough to win. We've seen this movie many times before. Once again, turnovers and mistakes. And yes, the refs kept BG in the game the first half (didn't see a lot of bad calls the 2nd half). Any time a team has this many yards rushing, it should be an easy win. Plus, the defense played pretty well, especially against the run. Eastern was clearly the better team, and lost.
There's nothing positive to take away from this game. I guess now its time for the downhill slide for rest of the season.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

bill54 wrote:Once again Eastern played hard enough and well enough to win. We've seen this movie many times before. Once again, turnovers and mistakes. And yes, the refs kept BG in the game the first half (didn't see a lot of bad calls the 2nd half). Any time a team has this many yards rushing, it should be an easy win. Plus, the defense played pretty well, especially against the run. Eastern was clearly the better team, and lost.
There's nothing positive to take away from this game. I guess now its time for the downhill slide for rest of the season.
There were horrible calls throughout the game. No interference on that last play? Not giving us our second back? That second could lead to one more play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
Westside

Post by Westside »

Same song, different versus.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

One of those fumbles we lost wasn't a fumble especially since it was basically same play as a bg fumble that was ruled a fumble.

This team just outperformed a FBS school and y'all are acting like it's the end of the season.

EKUrock7

Post by EKUrock7 »

The horrific calls in first half absolutely killed us, we definitely played well enough to win. Just so frustrated we didn’t just keep pounding the ball when we got it back w/ 7-8 min to go, they could not stop us on the ground, period. We ran 2 pass plays & 1 run play that series, gained one yard, so damn aggravating.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

EKUrock7 wrote:The horrific calls in first half absolutely killed us, we definitely played well enough to win. Just so frustrated we didn’t just keep pounding the ball when we got it back w/ 7-8 min to go, they could not stop us on the ground, period. We ran 2 pass plays & 1 run play that series, gained one yard, so damn aggravating.
Yeah I didn't understand that series either.

ekugrad1970

Post by ekugrad1970 »

We can play in the MAC, CUSA or Sunbelt.....just got to get there.....I know it costs money but makes such a difference......just call WKU or Marshall if it is worth it
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Colonel12 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 pm
bill54 wrote:Once again Eastern played hard enough and well enough to win. We've seen this movie many times before. Once again, turnovers and mistakes. And yes, the refs kept BG in the game the first half (didn't see a lot of bad calls the 2nd half). Any time a team has this many yards rushing, it should be an easy win. Plus, the defense played pretty well, especially against the run. Eastern was clearly the better team, and lost.
There were horrible calls throughout the game. No interference on that last play? Not giving us our second back? That second could lead to one more play.

No doubt the officiating was terrible. With ethical refs, Eastern wins. No arguments there. These refs should be banned from entering any football stadium for life. But Eastern didn't need to add to their problems with TO's and mistakes (muffed punt return, etc.). They could have easily won in spite of the crooked refs.
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

...without replaying the misery of the game's final outcome (excuses and all) I'm glad
we've established the run.

Unfortunately...we simply do not know how to close out ball games, especially on
the road.
neugie

Post by neugie »

We need to establish a pass defense It was more horrible than the officiating