Back to football

Colonel12

Re: Back to football

Post by Colonel12 »

That's a quality opponent for a FCS matchup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Minority owner of Manchester United of England Premier League

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
VACOLONEL

Post by VACOLONEL »

In looking at the 2018 roster versus the 2017 edition it appears a number of the quality control positions apparently have been eliminated. There were 3 defensive QC positions, 3 offensive QC positions, special teams QC position and a QC analyst in ‘17 but none shown in the current roster. It wasn’t very long ago I recall seeing these positions listed. Is this a result of the 200 positions that are to be eliminated? It also appears some of the assistants have taken on added responsibilities.
Maroon Forever

Post by Maroon Forever »

Yep. Fiscal reality has set in. Back to FCS staffing.
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

VACOLONEL wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:20 pm In looking at the 2018 roster versus the 2017 edition it appears a number of the quality control positions apparently have been eliminated. There were 3 defensive QC positions, 3 offensive QC positions, special teams QC position and a QC analyst in ‘17 but none shown in the current roster. It wasn’t very long ago I recall seeing these positions listed. Is this a result of the 200 positions that are to be eliminated? It also appears some of the assistants have taken on added responsibilities.
We lost three coaches and hired three coaches . We have the same number of position coaches as last year, just different areas of responsibilities. Coach Morrison moved from DB coach to Linebackers to fill Coach Gibson's vacancy. We then hired Coach Reardon for DBs. Coach Ollie was hired as DL coach when Coach Stewert left.
Coach Meyes was Special Teams and RB coach. His responsibilities was divided between new RB coach Patrick Parrilli (promoted from QC) and Coach Kroger took over the Special teams along with his current position of WR coach. I think Kroger was given Special Teams because Coach Parrilli just does not have the expertise or experience to handle the Special Teams along with the RB's. Unless I have missed, I think Kroger is the only one that actually took on added responsibility.
I am sure all he coaches are much busier and had to absorb a lot of the QC duties.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Who will be starting at the O-guards this year? I assume Tabur will be one of them. Sneider can play guard, which would keep experience in that position. Who will be the #2 OG's? And who will be backup at center? Anybody have any opinions or inside information?
Colonel Grad

Post by Colonel Grad »

bill54 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:44 am Who will be starting at the O-guards this year? I assume Tabur will be one of them. Sneider can play guard, which would keep experience in that position. Who will be the #2 OG's? And who will be backup at center? Anybody have any opinions or inside information?
Opinion only.

We have a lot of experience in the 1s on the o-line, but now I think we are going to start seeing a lot of inexperience in the 2s.
Red shirt freshmen like Christopher Anthony, Jordan Scott and Graham Ashkettle. Guys that seem to have come in with a lot of promise, but obviously have no experience right now.

I watched the centers a few times in spring practice. The only two players I recall seeing play center were Bardall and another red shirt freshman, Tucker Schroeder.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Might want to add Justin Myles as a starter. Along with Kowalewski and Cavinee.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

I figured Myles would start at tackle with either Cavinee or Kewolewsky at the other tackle. Unless Seider stays at tackle. And yeah, I assume we will see some of last years redshirted freshmen in the mix.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

I'm thinking the QB will be the hot topic....
Sae

Post by Sae »

colonelblitz wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:38 pm I'm thinking the QB will be the hot topic....
based solely on one day (Spring Game), I know my answer. Dont see them every day and they dont ask my opinion so I'll leave that one to the coaches.