• Advertisement

Coaching Changes?

Coaching Changes?

Postby Westside » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Coach Elder isn't going anywhere for at least another year, but is he going to make any changes to his staff? If he was going to, would he have already done so?
Westside
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby colonelblitz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

No changes to the staff.. Unless they choose to leave. On a side note , Will Healey Interviewed for the South Alabama head coaching job.
colonelblitz
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby FGColonel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Some changes may be dictated by a coach being offered another job. Say for instance coach Elder was going to make a change at OC. He may tell the OC but because this coach has been in contact with or has connections another school Coach may, out of professional courteous hold off making a public announcement that he is being fired. Or he may have a replacement in mind but does not want to make any announcement until that coach is free to join the Colonel staff. LOL I just read this and it seems like a bit or rambling. I guess what I am saying is there are a lot of scenarios that will impact the hiring and firing of a coach. Ideally one would like Head Coach and even coordinator changes to be made before National signing day but it is not uncommon for position coaches to be changed over the summer. We were told last year several members of his staff were offered jobs but declined. We will have to see how that shakes out this year.
On a side note, Like most 1st time Head Coaches, Coach Elder hired a lot of friends. He may have some emotional tie or some false sense of loyalty to the guys that will prevent him from cutting them loose.
FGColonel
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am
Location: Richmond, KY

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby Bam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 am

FGColonel wrote:Some changes may be dictated by a coach being offered another job. Say for instance coach Elder was going to make a change at OC. He may tell the OC but because this coach has been in contact with or has connections another school Coach may, out of professional courteous hold off making a public announcement that he is being fired. Or he may have a replacement in mind but does not want to make any announcement until that coach is free to join the Colonel staff. LOL I just read this and it seems like a bit or rambling. I guess what I am saying is there are a lot of scenarios that will impact the hiring and firing of a coach. Ideally one would like Head Coach and even coordinator changes to be made before National signing day but it is not uncommon for position coaches to be changed over the summer. We were told last year several members of his staff were offered jobs but declined. We will have to see how that shakes out this year.
On a side note, Like most 1st time Head Coaches, Coach Elder hired a lot of friends. He may have some emotional tie or some false sense of loyalty to the guys that will prevent him from cutting them loose.


:shock: :shock: That is why the Offense was horrible. Try hiring a good coach not your Thunder Buddy!!!
Mess with the devil and get the horns
User avatar
Bam
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 am

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby FGColonel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 am

Bam wrote:
FGColonel wrote:Some changes may be dictated by a coach being offered another job. Say for instance coach Elder was going to make a change at OC. He may tell the OC but because this coach has been in contact with or has connections another school Coach may, out of professional courteous hold off making a public announcement that he is being fired. Or he may have a replacement in mind but does not want to make any announcement until that coach is free to join the Colonel staff. LOL I just read this and it seems like a bit or rambling. I guess what I am saying is there are a lot of scenarios that will impact the hiring and firing of a coach. Ideally one would like Head Coach and even coordinator changes to be made before National signing day but it is not uncommon for position coaches to be changed over the summer. We were told last year several members of his staff were offered jobs but declined. We will have to see how that shakes out this year.
On a side note, Like most 1st time Head Coaches, Coach Elder hired a lot of friends. He may have some emotional tie or some false sense of loyalty to the guys that will prevent him from cutting them loose.


:shock: :shock: That is why the Offense was horrible. Try hiring a good coach not your Thunder Buddy!!!

Can't argue with that. But just guessing a 1st time coach would have a hard time convincing a seasoned coordinator to jump on board and take direction from a newbie. Maybe a good OC or DC that is just looking for a place to land for a few years before retirement.
FGColonel
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am
Location: Richmond, KY

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby colonelblitz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Every year players leave... I don’t think this year will be an exception.
colonelblitz
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby Westside » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm

This is an article I came across.

Therefore, as coordinators become hotter commodities, salaries for the top offensive and defensive minds in the country are on the rise.

On Wednesday, USA TODAY published its annual roundup of assistant coach salaries, and it should come as no surprise that the SEC had the most assistants making at least $1 million. As you can see below, nine different assistants in the conference made at least nine-figure salaries this past season:

LSU DC Dave Aranda — $1,800,000
Texas A&M DC John Chavis — $1,608,000
LSU OC Matt Canada — $1,505,000
Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt — $1,300,000
Auburn DC Kevin Steele — $1,200,000
Alabama OC Brian Daboll — $1,200,000
Tennessee DC Bob Shoop — $1,155,000
Florida OC Doug Nussmeier — $1,144,225
Ole Miss DC Wesley McGriff — $1,000,000
With some of those coordinators not being retained by new coaching staffs, it’ll be interesting to see which new coordinators make the list in 2018.

It’s safe to say there will be some new names making nine-figure salaries in the SEC in 2018.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... lion-2017/
Westside
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby colonelblitz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Wesley McGriff Was a DB coach at EKU in 2000.
colonelblitz
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby Eternal Colonel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:49 am

colonelblitz wrote:No changes to the staff.. Unless they choose to leave. On a side note , Will Healey Interviewed for the South Alabama head coaching job.


...yep. Heard it down here yesterday.

Updated-South Alabama hired Central Alabama's HC.

Regardless; Healy is very much on the "fast track" upward.
Eternal Colonel
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 am

Re: Coaching Changes?

Postby Eternal Colonel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Westside wrote:This is an article I came across.

Therefore, as coordinators become hotter commodities, salaries for the top offensive and defensive minds in the country are on the rise.

On Wednesday, USA TODAY published its annual roundup of assistant coach salaries, and it should come as no surprise that the SEC had the most assistants making at least $1 million. As you can see below, nine different assistants in the conference made at least nine-figure salaries this past season:

LSU DC Dave Aranda — $1,800,000
Texas A&M DC John Chavis — $1,608,000
LSU OC Matt Canada — $1,505,000
Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt — $1,300,000
Auburn DC Kevin Steele — $1,200,000
Alabama OC Brian Daboll — $1,200,000
Tennessee DC Bob Shoop — $1,155,000
Florida OC Doug Nussmeier — $1,144,225
Ole Miss DC Wesley McGriff — $1,000,000
With some of those coordinators not being retained by new coaching staffs, it’ll be interesting to see which new coordinators make the list in 2018.

It’s safe to say there will be some new names making nine-figure salaries in the SEC in 2018.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... lion-2017/


Crazy money.

When you consider the that our athletic budget is around $17 Milli; this total of around
$12-13 Milli for Coordinators from 7 SEC programs is all you need to know about the disparity
between P5 and the rest of the NCAA FB world.

Gotta love it.
Eternal Colonel
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 am


Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

  • Advertisement