one less Qb on the roster

Sae

one less Qb on the roster

Post by Sae »

https://twitter.com/GKruczekQb12/status ... 7236452352

Kruczek is gone, says he will graduate this summer and is leaving on good terms, thanked Coach for keeping him on scholarship through summer. Said he was disappointed to not get a shot as QB.

good luck to the young man, never got to see if he had a legit argument or not, but good luck where he goes.
colonelblitz

Re: one less Qb on the roster

Post by colonelblitz »

Not surprised. Hard to get playing time . I don’t think that was going to change for him next year .. Hope he goes somewhere where he’ll get a chance to play.
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

I think I mentioned that I thought he would transfer in another post. I still believe it will be a big time battle between Scott, Allen and Smith. Assuming Smith has healed 100% with no problems. Smith will get a lot of playing time either way. He will run the wildcat and play in other specific situations and packages. if he does not win the QB job he will be great in the slot. Just to good of an athlete and QB to sit. Elder has said may times his philosophy prefers a mobile QB. I have not seen Allen enough to know how mobile he is. Scott is not real mobile, but can move some. Smith is by far the most mobile of the three but I don't think his arm is as good as either of the other two. I think the winner will be the one that is most sound mentally. The one that makes the best (on field) decisions All three come from winning HS programs and know how to win. Be fun to watch them develop and compete for the job.
Just a wild guess at this point but I would not be surprised to see Dakota Allen be the starter. IF that happens who knows what Scott will do. But it is a long time until Sept and a LOT of crazy things can happen . Transfers, injuries, grades and other circumstances can all have a major impact. Scott and Allen both have potential to be really good. I am glad I don't have to make that decision.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
4 National Championship Games
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

One other thought, AGAIN.. last year we were a QB away from winning several game, What would are record have been without all the picks in (esp the pick 6s in critical situations) I don't see that as being a problem in the coming years. With a QB making sound decisions and just a couple lineman that will run block we can be a totally different team. A couple wins will do amazing things for your confidence.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
bill54

Post by bill54 »

FGColonel wrote:One other thought, AGAIN.. last year we were a QB away from winning several game, What would are record have been without all the picks in (esp the pick 6s in critical situations) I don't see that as being a problem in the coming years. With a QB making sound decisions and just a couple lineman that will run block we can be a totally different team. A couple wins will do amazing things for your confidence.
Why do you think future EKU QB's will make better decisions? Coney became a pretty good QB his Jr yr, only to slide into old habits his Sr yr. Two time SEC champ Mauk turned the ball over the short time he played at EKU (vs Purdue). And Boyle was a turn over machine. These were all talented QB's who had previously been pretty good. Even Scott had some turnover issues. The common denominator is the current EKU coaching staff. As for the O-line, this yrs team had big, experienced, talented linemen, but weren't consistently able to make holes for the RB's. I hope you're right, but I don't see it happening.
FGColonel

Post by FGColonel »

bill54 wrote:
FGColonel wrote:One other thought, AGAIN.. last year we were a QB away from winning several game, What would are record have been without all the picks in (esp the pick 6s in critical situations) I don't see that as being a problem in the coming years. With a QB making sound decisions and just a couple lineman that will run block we can be a totally different team. A couple wins will do amazing things for your confidence.
Why do you think future EKU QB's will make better decisions? Coney became a pretty good QB his Jr yr, only to slide into old habits his Sr yr. Two time SEC champ Mauk turned the ball over the short time he played at EKU (vs Purdue). And Boyle was a turn over machine. These were all talented QB's who had previously been pretty good. Even Scott had some turnover issues. The common denominator is the current EKU coaching staff. As for the O-line, this yrs team had big, experienced, talented linemen, but weren't consistently able to make holes for the RB's. I hope you're right, but I don't see it happening.
In my opinion Coney was never a pretty good QB. Never made good decisions. Mauk was never healthy enough to play and probably should have never suited up. As we heard later , Tim Boyle was here BECAUSE he was a "turnover machine" in every system he played in. He had a world of talent but panicked under pressure making terrible throws and decisions. Why do I think this coming year will be different? Scott is a coaches son, has been around the game all his life. He has "Football Sense". When he did get in a the game he was playing under a game plan and package designed for Tim Boyle. I think you will see an entirely different Scott this coming year. Dakota Allen is the proto typical QB. Even playing on the scout team he made very few mental errors, ( based on staff musings). Smith 's ability to run gives the O a whole new dimension . I think he is good enough to change the way opponents will have to react to him, Heck everyone Boyle was NEVER going to run. DBs could sit and wait on the throw. Again, just my opinions and most of the time they show why I was never a football coach.
EKU A Matter of Pride
2 National Championships
22 Playoff Appearances
21 OVC Conference Titles
dmr55

Post by dmr55 »

Damon Lowe and A J Jackson are also transferring
bill54

Post by bill54 »

FGColonel wrote:
bill54 wrote:
In my opinion Coney was never a pretty good QB. Never made good decisions. Mauk was never healthy enough to play and probably should have never suited up. As we heard later , Tim Boyle was here BECAUSE he was a "turnover machine" in every system he played in. He had a world of talent but panicked under pressure making terrible throws and decisions. Why do I think this coming year will be different? Scott is a coaches son, has been around the game all his life. He has "Football Sense". When he did get in a the game he was playing under a game plan and package designed for Tim Boyle. I think you will see an entirely different Scott this coming year. Dakota Allen is the proto typical QB. Even playing on the scout team he made very few mental errors, ( based on staff musings). Smith 's ability to run gives the O a whole new dimension . I think he is good enough to change the way opponents will have to react to him, Heck everyone Boyle was NEVER going to run. DBs could sit and wait on the throw. Again, just my opinions and most of the time they show why I was never a football coach.
Hope you're right.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

dmr55 wrote:Damon Lowe and A J Jackson are also transferring
This is disappointing.
Bam

Post by Bam »

bill54 wrote:
dmr55 wrote:Damon Lowe and A J Jackson are also transferring
This is disappointing.
Don't be surprised if more players jett!
Mess with the devil and get the horns