Peay Thread

Eternal Colonel

Re: Peay Thread

Post by Eternal Colonel »

...right now, the answer is obvious.

I will add, however-that Coach Elder is an Ohioan who coached at
Tennessee, Coach Healy is from the Chattanooga area.

Regardless of their origins,I suspect Coach Healy will be earning
mega bucks in a few short years at an FBS program.

Nothing we've not seen before; Mike Gottfried (Murray)/Jim Donnan
(Marshall)/Houston Nutt (Murray) all did well after their OVC/D-1AA
stint...
jayrockfl77

Post by jayrockfl77 »

Just curious what y'all think. Now I have no control over the coaching debacle, but I have a suggestion for a new coach...IF...EKU decides to go searching for one. This coach has head coaching experience (5 years). He has been a GA and assistant under Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher, and Bobby Bowden. He's in his mid 30's. His program has improved after his first 2 years to 6-4 in 2015, 10-2 in 2016, and 8-3 this year. I think he could be the next up-and-comer...IF...no one else snatches him up first. And he's an offensive-minded coach! Go take a look at...Jason Woodman (HC) of Fairmont State.
Colonel Since '65

Post by Colonel Since '65 »

Danny Hope.
jayrockfl77

Post by jayrockfl77 »

Colonel Since '65 wrote:Danny Hope.
I would LOVE to have him back! Loved every minute being a student FB manager under him! He will always have my respect as a coach wherever he goes.
Bam

Post by Bam »

Elder is going no where. I see a change maybe with the OC or DC. That is it.
Mess with the devil and get the horns
Priceless83

Post by Priceless83 »

S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sae

Post by Sae »

Bam wrote:Elder is going no where. I see a change maybe with the OC or DC. That is it.
DC is okay in my opinion, OC may want to brush up the old resume.
Priceless83

Post by Priceless83 »

Priceless83 wrote:S

Coach elder has to reevaluate the entire program. He will be on the hot seat next year which will hurt potential recruits and attracting experienced coaches.This is a very bad situation for us and I️ honestly do not think anything will improve next year! We still need to create a winning culture and our great football tradition is taking a backseat to consecutive losing seasons! I️ said these last 3 games were very important to turn this around - We have failed miserably and it is painful!

jayrockfl77

Post by jayrockfl77 »

With an AD who is supposedly trying to help EKU get to the next level, if I was the AD, I would tell Elder that this game against SFU will decide whether you coach here next year or not. (That probably will not be the case.) A win gives the program 1 more win overall from last year and a 3-2 record at the Kidd. A loss means the same record as last year and another losing season at home. The ONLY improvement would be that the Colonels had one more conference win than last year. And that would not be enough to keep him on the job IMO. We shall see after Saturday.
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

jayrockfl77 wrote:With an AD who is supposedly trying to help EKU get to the next level, if I was the AD, I would tell Elder that this game against SFU will decide whether you coach here next year or not. (That probably will not be the case.) A win gives the program 1 more win overall from last year and a 3-2 record at the Kidd. A loss means the same record as last year and another losing season at home. The ONLY improvement would be that the Colonels had one more conference win than last year. And that would not be enough to keep him on the job IMO. We shall see after Saturday.
I wish we were in a financial position to make demands like that.

As we've discussed here, EKU and schools like us are (in essence) wards
of the state; and there likely aren't discretionary funds (boosters) willing
to pony up the last year of Coach Elder and staff's contract.

Yes, we're frustrated as Hell; we may only have won 7 games in two seasons.

Moreso, the team hasn't been fun to watch; aside from the Homecoming win
where the days of a muscular ground game returned, this team has no identity.

But...today-I'll be tuned in; listening to Greg Stottlemeyer call another Senior
Day.

Go Colonels !!!