Austin Peay @ EKU 11/11

Maroon Forever

Re: Austin Peay @ EKU 11/11

Post by Maroon Forever »

Priceless83 wrote:Hiring Special team, quality control, division 5, assistants to the position coaches was an epic fail. What is the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You put your finger on it. This staff does not know what it doesn’t know. Clueless. Not bad people, just picked green.
Bam

Post by Bam »

I know I post a lot of wild stuff but today has to be the lowest day for this proud program! Losing to an inferior program at HOME is unacceptable. This coach will say it's injuries, dismissals but it starts at the top. I will always be a supporter but I'm out Good night and good luck!
Mess with the devil and get the horns
jayrockfl77

Post by jayrockfl77 »

I think I figured out the problem. The problem is there are too many coaches on this team, not including the Strength Coach, Equipment Manager, and Video Coordinator. Either the players don't know who to report information to or maybe you've got too many different coaches telling you too many different things. EKU has 3 Offensive Quality Control Coaches, 3 Defensive Quality Control Coaches, and 1 Special Teams QC Coach. Do they really need that many?

A team needs:

Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach
WR/Receiving TEs Coach
RBs Coach
OL/Blocking TEs Coach
Defensive Coordinator
DL Coach
LBs Coach
DBs Coach
Special Teams Coach
1 Offensive GA
1 Defensive GA

Am I missing anything else? That's 12 Coaches. There are 20+ Coaches on this team. This is FCS football. This is not the SEC, the ACC, the MAC, or the Sun Belt. There's no need to have that many. I'm not saying fire anyone, but they seriously need to analyze and make adjustments. IMO.
BigDawgEKU

Post by BigDawgEKU »

jayrockfl77 wrote:I think I figured out the problem. The problem is there are too many coaches on this team, not including the Strength Coach, Equipment Manager, and Video Coordinator. Either the players don't know who to report information to or maybe you've got too many different coaches telling you too many different things. EKU has 3 Offensive Quality Control Coaches, 3 Defensive Quality Control Coaches, and 1 Special Teams QC Coach. Do they really need that many?

A team needs:

Head Coach
WR/Receiving TEs Coach
RBs Coach
OL/Blocking TEs Coach
Defensive Coordinator
DL Coach
LBs Coach
DBs Coach
Special Teams Coach
1 Offensive GA
1 Defensive GA

Am I missing anything else? That's 12 Coaches. There are 20+ Coaches on this team. This is FCS football. This is not the SEC, the ACC, the MAC, or the Sun Belt. There's no need to have that many. I'm not saying fire anyone, but they seriously need to analyze and make adjustments. IMO.
The quality control coaches do very little coaching, if any at all. Their main goal is to break down film of upcoming opponents a few weeks in advance, track plays, breakdown any analytical stats if they are used and other random jobs. They are basically like a secretary for the coordinators. They do all the work behind the scenes and let the other coaches do all the coaching. They may help run the scout team in certain situations but rarely will they coach the players one on one or players report to them so having too many coaches is not the problem. As stated in this thread, the problem seems to be the main coaches are just way too inexperienced and were not ready for the FCS level.
Bam

Post by Bam »

jayrockfl77 wrote:I think I figured out the problem. The problem is there are too many coaches on this team, not including the Strength Coach, Equipment Manager, and Video Coordinator. Either the players don't know who to report information to or maybe you've got too many different coaches telling you too many different things. EKU has 3 Offensive Quality Control Coaches, 3 Defensive Quality Control Coaches, and 1 Special Teams QC Coach. Do they really need that many?

A team needs:

Head Coach
WR/Receiving TEs Coach
RBs Coach
OL/Blocking TEs Coach
Defensive Coordinator
DL Coach
LBs Coach
DBs Coach
Special Teams Coach
1 Offensive GA
1 Defensive GA

Great point, but if you melded those guys into one coach you still would have one quality one. #lostballhighweeds
Mess with the devil and get the horns
martinhall1966

Post by martinhall1966 »

I sat behind some other old Vets ( late 60s early 70s era like me) yesterday. They had driven 12 hours to get to the game. They were in awe of our new digs, but appalled at the attendance until the second half. One old warrior said it all, " They quit dancin' with the one that brung'em." He was right. I don't know why we changed what was working.To me, we started playing not to lose and everything went to hell. The game got too big for us. I'll continue to support our boys, but Austin " Pee " was the better team yesterday. I had to stop at Liquor World on the way back to Ohio! I'll have to listen to all the "Go Bucks" crap until February. Let's hope we can beat one old saint next Saturday. Go Colonels!
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

When do we hand out the participation trophies ?
Sae

Post by Sae »

it's getting harder to justify going every Saturday, I've done it every Saturday my whole life but to drive 2 hours to watch bad football then drive 2 hours home pissed off, I begin to question my own sanity.
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

Even Greg Stotlmeyer was ticked off with Elder yesterday. You could tell he was upset he had traveled all the way from Dallas to Richmond.
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
apsufan82

Post by apsufan82 »

Bam wrote:I tried to be chill but here it goes. This team? just got beaten by one of the worst football programs in all of FCS. :oops. Matter of pride is over thanks elder. I hope you rented and did not buy a home.
WAS one of the worst. The worst program in the FCS doesn’t have a #1 recruiting class and sits second place in the OVC with a chance at a playoff spot.

Now that I’ve cleared that up, I saw a pretty solid and sharp EKU team in the first half. One that shut down our offense pretty good and after the hellacious first drive in the second half, look to put our playoff hopes down the drain. I think EKU is a solid team that simply got out coached towards the end of the ballgame. Just my $.02 from an outsiders perspective.