• Advertisement

EKU @ (3) Jacksonville State

EKU @ (3) Jacksonville State

Postby Westside » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am

The Colonels head to Alabama to take on the 3rd ranked Cocks. The Cocks lead the all-time series 8-6 and have won 4 straight. What are some things the Colonels need to do to secure the win?

COLONEL UP!!!!!
Westside

Re: EKU @ (3) Jacksonville State

Postby Bam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm

I forsee 5 straight for the Cocks- 55-3
Mess with the devil and get the horns
Bam

Postby Sae » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm

I think this team continues to frustrate us, I say 28-21 JSU. We will play well which frustrates me even more because we know the team can do better, but don't against less competition.
Sae

Postby Westside » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Sae wrote:I think this team continues to frustrate us, I say 28-21 JSU. We will play well which frustrates me even more because we know the team can do better, but don't against less competition.

They played well against the Cocks until the INTs late in the game last year. I just hope it isnt another game like the SEMO game. That was brutal.
Last edited by Westside on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westside

Postby Westside » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:39 pm

The two things this team could do to give me some hope for the rest of the season is have no turnovers and develop some sort of a running game.
Westside

Postby colonelblitz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm

I smell an Upset
colonelblitz

Postby Toss Sweep » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Bam wrote:I forsee 5 straight for the Cocks- 55-3

Bam - You are actually more optimistic than I thought you would be. I assumed you would have the Cocks somewhere in the 70s.

I think it winds up closer than anyone in Jacksonville, AL expects it to be. But does not end in a way that makes Colonel fans happy. We have to stay away from the turnovers and have to sustain drives to keep our defense from playing 45 minutes. Always in the minority, I believe Austin Scott could help with both of those issues.

JSU 38
EKU 24
Toss Sweep

Postby Bam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 pm

I am optimistic with 3 points There D is insane. The dying Elders may not score again this year
Mess with the devil and get the horns
Bam

Postby jayrockfl77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm

This is the game that could make or break the season. A win in Jacksonville could give the Colonels some confidence. A loss could be the beginning of the end. I've watched Jax State. I've been to Jax State. That is a very tough stadium to play. If the Colonels play mistake free, no missed assignments, very minimal penalties, win the turnover game, and play all 4 quarters, they could do it. Jax State will be ready. They are disciplined and will not take the Colonels lightly. This game will be a WAR.

IMO: If the Colonels win the toss, they need to get the ball first. Normally, I would say defer, but if the Colonels can take the opening drive to the end zone and go up 7-0, that'll be a big boost. Looking at JSU's games this season thus far, the most they've been down is 3 points to start the game. I'd rather put JSU behind the 8 ball, not the other way around. If the Colonels go into the game with the mentality of "we have nothing to lose" and take some chances, they could pull off the upset.

If the Colonels look like they did against SEMO, you can expect a blow out.

WARS were won by winning the BATTLES. WIN each QUARTER, you WIN the GAME!

Forget #FireTheCannons ... instead ... #WinTheWar !
jayrockfl77

Postby Eternal Colonel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 am

...we have to hope JSU is unfocused and apathetic.

If they're on their game, and we're on our game, it could be competitive
for a half.

I just don't see a win or even a competitive game, based on the last two
EKU losses...
Eternal Colonel

Next

Return to Football