martinhall1966

Re: Karma

Post by martinhall1966 »

As season ticket holders, my wife and I have been, and will be,at RKS good or bad. I have watched Colonel football for 51 years and it has never been harder to watch than the last two seasons. That said, these boys are Colonels and, I feel an obligation to support them. I don't see any lack of effort or lack of desire to win from either them or coach Elder. There was a little Colonel " magic" in the 3rd quarter last Saturday. It didn't last , but it was there. My friends and I started coming back to EKU for football games after our military service in the mid-seventies. We saw the Colonels win at RKS for 27 years in a row. We understand the winning Colonel football tradition. Our annual trips back to campus for football games have been the core of our friendship for more than half a century. I know that many on this Forum have similar situations. We will not always agree, but I have always liked the saying that , "Reasonable men disagree." Colonel football will endure if we endure. Go Colonels!
Eternal Colonel

Post by Eternal Colonel »

martinhall1966 wrote:As season ticket holders, my wife and I have been, and will be,at RKS good or bad. I have watched Colonel football for 51 years and it has never been harder to watch than the last two seasons. That said, these boys are Colonels and, I feel an obligation to support them. I don't see any lack of effort or lack of desire to win from either them or coach Elder. There was a little Colonel " magic" in the 3rd quarter last Saturday. It didn't last , but it was there. My friends and I started coming back to EKU for football games after our military service in the mid-seventies. We saw the Colonels win at RKS for 27 years in a row. We understand the winning Colonel football tradition. Our annual trips back to campus for football games have been the core of our friendship for more than half a century. I know that many on this Forum have similar situations. We will not always agree, but I have always liked the saying that , "Reasonable men disagree." Colonel football will endure if we endure. Go Colonels!
...great post.

Our coaches put in 20-hour days during the season, I am certain.

Our players work insanely to condition themselves both in the off season and
during the season; they also study schemes, game plans, and their opponents
relentlessly.

However, the Coaching Staffs and young men at SEMO, APSU, TSU, etc. do
the same thing.

And always did.

The difference now is the result...
colonelek

Post by colonelek »

I think yesterday summed up my point from last week pretty clearly! But I'm sure someone will think differently. Oh well on to next week. I got a good feeling how this one is going to go!