Miscellaneous

Classof80

Re: Miscellaneous

Post by Classof80 »

My only question on the kid from Belfry is what the level of competition he was up against in high school. Maybe it was ok, I just could not tell - it looked like Belfry might be a small school in KY, and that is a helluva jump in freshman year to FCS football nowadays. If my memory serves correct, didn't colonels get a commitment from a fairly high ranked DT from Louisville. Maybe between the two, they could get one starter next year. I am even more interested to see if the two big offensive lineman they got last year progressed to be able to start this upcoming year. Think they need to provided the LSU kid backed out. It seemed like he could have been a real difference maker.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

Might be a small school, but they have four linemen sign D1 .. One to Louisville, one to Kentucky, one to Eastern Kentucky, and one to Tennessee Tech. The last one holds an offer from Tennessee Tech. There's an article in Kentucky.com about the four players from belfry, Kentucky.
colonelblitz

Post by colonelblitz »

The Booth kid was wearing #34 jersey. If he runs anything like Elroy , I'll be overjoyed.... 8-)
Westside

Post by Westside »

Classof80 wrote:My only question on the kid from Belfry is what the level of competition he was up against in high school. Maybe it was ok, I just could not tell - it looked like Belfry might be a small school in KY, and that is a helluva jump in freshman year to FCS football nowadays. If my memory serves correct, didn't colonels get a commitment from a fairly high ranked DT from Louisville. Maybe between the two, they could get one starter next year. I am even more interested to see if the two big offensive lineman they got last year progressed to be able to start this upcoming year. Think they need to provided the LSU kid backed out. It seemed like he could have been a real difference maker.
I've seen Rayquan play several times. Like colonelblitz said, they had four d1 lineman this year. Rayquan maybe the best defensive lineman in Kentucky this year and that is no exaggeration. The Scott kid from Belfry that played offensive guard visited Murray State on Friday. I'm not sure if he has committed yet.
Westside

Post by Westside »

Westside wrote:
Classof80 wrote:My only question on the kid from Belfry is what the level of competition he was up against in high school. Maybe it was ok, I just could not tell - it looked like Belfry might be a small school in KY, and that is a helluva jump in freshman year to FCS football nowadays. If my memory serves correct, didn't colonels get a commitment from a fairly high ranked DT from Louisville. Maybe between the two, they could get one starter next year. I am even more interested to see if the two big offensive lineman they got last year progressed to be able to start this upcoming year. Think they need to provided the LSU kid backed out. It seemed like he could have been a real difference maker.
I've seen Rayquan play several times. Like colonelblitz said, they had four d1 lineman this year. So regardless of the competition from other schools on Friday night he faced tremendous competition everyday in practice. Also his coach is one of the best in Kentucky high school football history. Besides, Belfry did their best to play a tough schedule. They play Johnson Central every year. They played Knoxville Catholic the past two years. They Played Newport Catholic the past two years. They played a team out of Ohio the past two seasons. Rayquan maybe the best defensive lineman in Kentucky this year and that is no exaggeration. The Scott kid from Belfry that played offensive guard visited Murray State on Friday. I'm not sure if he has committed yet.
bill54

Post by bill54 »

Saw where several of the football players competed at the Marshall indoor meet this weekend, and did pretty well. I'm thrilled to see this, and hope several of these guys compete at the OVC outdoor meet. This will not only help the track team, but also shows different elements of EKU supporting each other.