License Plate

The place to talk about anything Colonel Athletics but not related to a specific sport.
EKU05

License Plate

Post by EKU05 »

I just did my registration renewal for the year, and I'd been seeing the new EKU license plate around a little. I was excited to get the new design (which is MUCH better than the previous one that was just mostly white with the KJ tower logo on it). Anyway, my new registration came, but it's just the sticker. Does anyone know why? Do they phase them in over a few years? Do I have to show up in person to get a new plate?

I should probably know this. I think I renewed in person the last time there was a new plate, and they just handed it to me without me even asking.

Thanks!
Sae

Re: License Plate

Post by Sae »

got the new one several months ago, they should all have them
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Sae wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:47 pm got the new one several months ago, they should all have them
That's what I was thinking, but I did it over the phone. I wondered what would happen. Now I'm not sure if I should put my sticker on my old one or try to get in to a location as soon as I can.

Thanks, SAE!
Colonel12

Post by Colonel12 »

I'd go into an office
Minority owner of the 2021 World Series Champions Atlanta Braves.

Father of 8U Richmond Fastpitch Club Fall Champion
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Colonel12 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:22 pm I'd go into an office
That's the plan, now. I'm just going to have to drive around with my new sticker in the car in case I get pulled over since the offices won't be open again until after the new year.
RollKerns

Post by RollKerns »

Does paying for the new plate help the university any outside of just PR/Branding? It cost extra so I didn't know what the extra was for.
Steve 82

Post by Steve 82 »

RollKerns wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:39 pm Does paying for the new plate help the university any outside of just PR/Branding? It cost extra so I didn't know what the extra was for.
$10 each years goes towards scholarships.

https://www.alumni.eku.edu/s/1763/index ... 2&pgid=447
EKU05

Post by EKU05 »

Update,

I went into the physical county clerk office, and they were at little confused. But long story short, the nice woman who helped me just put in the system that my current plate was "rusted" and needed to be replaced. She then got me a new one.